EARTHWAVES.ORG
(03-25-2014, 11:48 PM)Skywise Wrote: Anyone interested in taking over? I'm apparently the wrong person for the job. The negative feedback over the last year overwhelms the positive by several orders of magnitude. And sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who takes an opposing view.

Not sure what you mean by "opposing view".

Quote:Maybe changing the forum software was a bad idea, but I really only got one very loud dissenting opinion. What few other responses I got were timid by comparison, but ranged from neutral "go with the flow" to generally positive.

I like it and I think you're doing an outstanding job.

Quote:There are fewer posts now than there were before I took over, although it should be noted that posting has been waning for many many years. It's possible the board died a long time ago and it's just been on life support, and this little experiment failed to awake the patient from its coma.

I think what happened is the flakes fell away and the science minded have nothing to talk about. Long threads are usually caused by controversy and there isn't any left.

Quote:BTW, I can bring the old board back with only a few minutes work. (and although it would be a bit of work, I could insert this forum's posts into the other one)

I vote NO.

Quote:If I'm doing it wrong, please tell me how to do it right.

You're doing just fine. We're lucky to have you do it because it's a generally thankless job.

Quote:But, if stepping aside is the better answer.... Maybe I'm the problem?

NO! you're not the problem.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
EARTHWAVES.ORG - by Skywise - 03-25-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: EARTHWAVES.ORG - by Roger Hunter - 03-26-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: EARTHWAVES.ORG - by Island Chris - 03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: EARTHWAVES.ORG - by Canie - 03-26-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: EARTHWAVES.ORG - by Skywise - 03-27-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: EARTHWAVES.ORG - by PennyB - 05-24-2014, 08:31 PM