Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017
(03-08-2017, 07:30 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger

As I have mentioned in the first post, I took two times off two peak from actual real time space data on the 2nd. I marked where the terminator thresholds positions where on both these times, and acquired 4 locations from where the thresholds meet.  These 4 locations represent crosses on a map, then just like we did in the test, I sourced the quake list for matching sunrise/sunset times related to these co-ordinates, i.e  15th Feb 5.5 Northern Sumatra 19:47:07 ut ... at this same time, the dawn threshold was on 143' 03' - 27' 45' N South of Japan ... I have therefore shown a possible post seismic connection in time, but this is only relevant if a quake occurs within the margin of this position !

I am not determining any longitudes, or latitudes for that matter, this is simply a real-time observation to see if an actual event will occur on one of these crosses. I am also demonstrating correlation with future events and the terminator thresholds at the positions they occupied at the times of the original space signal.

As Brian remarked, you have to ask these questions to get a better understanding of the project at hand. But I have given full instruction how I do this from the start, including images and websites. If you are studying literature with graphical representations, the graphs are there to be referenced from the text, otherwise the text is difficult to understand.  I can only show you how I do this from my perspective ... it is your choice to do as I do in order to understand this !

I've never been to the US, I have visited many country's in Europe but globally I am not well travelled.  Thirty years ago I cruised down the Nile from Cairo Egypt once, but these days Scotland is my favoured choice ... bit of a Rob Roy fan ! 

Duffy

Just for exercise I sorted the 72194 5+ quakes in the neic catalog into an array according to the integer lat and lon values. That's an array 180x360 cells in size. While I was at it I noted the size of the largest cell. It had 434 quakes in it.

All of this takes about 5 seconds and the program wouldn't fill a page, printed out.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017 - by Duffy - 03-05-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017 - by Roger Hunter - 03-08-2017, 11:21 PM