Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017
Okay Roger ... well make a note of this location for future reference.

If you read the first post again, you will see of the 4 locations South Atlantic Ridge and South of Japan accumulated more quake related sunrise/ sunset times than the other two. They are also relatively active areas, so today I tried to match sunrise/ sunset times from 1st January in the whole of Chile. The idea was to compare Chile with a quiet region, to see if some kind of attraction existed. For the Atlantic and Japan I found 6 hits each, the best I got in Chile was 3 hits until I got to this bearing and got 11 hits.  I don't know if this means anything yet, but it suggests the more active a region is, the greater the connection !  It would be good if someone could check this out, because it doesn't sound very credible when this detail is only coming from one person.

Duffy

(03-09-2017, 01:29 AM)Duffy Wrote: Okay Roger ... well make a note of this location for future reference.

If you read the first post again, you will see of the 4 locations South Atlantic Ridge and South of Japan accumulated more quake related sunrise/ sunset times than the other two. They are also relatively active areas, so today I tried to match sunrise/ sunset times from 1st January in the whole of Chile. The idea was to compare Chile with a quiet region, to see if some kind of attraction existed. For the Atlantic and Japan I found 6 hits each, the best I got in Chile was 3 hits until I got to this bearing and got 11 hits.  I don't know if this means anything yet, but it suggests the more active a region is, the greater the connection !  It would be good if someone could check this out, because it doesn't sound very credible when this detail is only coming from one person.

Duffy

Duffy;

The more active a region is, the more likely you'll get a hit.

No mystery there. Throw one dart blindfolded, not likely to hit the target. Throw a handful, sure to hit something.

Roger

Yes I agree, that's why I stopped doing multiple predictions ... effort can easily be cancelled out with analogies !

However, the sun threw the darts this time, I'm just finding out where they landed.

I'm going to go back further to see what happens ... you were right, a good computer program would have come in handy for this about now !

Duffy

Roger;

I have searched back to 1st Jan 2016, and the results of terminator contacts within 0.25 degrees of 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S are as follows;

Jan 2016 .......... SR, SR
Feb .................. SR
Mar .................. SR
Apr ................... SR, SS
May .................. 0
June ................. DN
July .................. SS
Aug .................. 0
Sept ................. 0
Oct ................... DK 
Nov .................. 0
Dec .................. 0

Jan 2017 ........... DK, SR, DK, SS, SR, SR, DN
Feb ................... SS, DN, SS
Mar ................... SS

Results indicate this is not a repetitive cycle related to time of year.  It is not related to the sun's lateral position because the co-ordinates are to far South.  And it shows no distinction between quiet and active regions.  If the hits were random, why would the odds favour Jan 2017 attaining the most contacts ?  could there be purpose in this, similar to a naturally occurring cross on a map say !

I made a small observation with the 5.9 West of Macquarie Island quake yesterday (9th March).  Co-ordinates 150' 13' E - 60' 09' S Macquarie Island Region and 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S Chile, share contact with the terminator thresholds on 6 days of the year. On 8th March, it was sunset in Macquarie Region and dawn in chile at 08:53 ut ... 27 hours later, the 5.9 occurred. I'm not suggesting a pattern with this, I am mealy pointing out a coincidence.

Duffy

(03-10-2017, 01:40 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger;

I have searched back to 1st Jan 2016, and the results of terminator contacts within 0.25 degrees of 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S are as follows;

May .................. 0
Aug .................. 0
Sept ................. 0
Nov .................. 0
Dec .................. 0

Results indicate this is not a repetitive cycle related to time of year.  It is not related to the sun's lateral position because the co-ordinates are to far South.  And it shows no distinction between quiet and active regions.  If the hits were random, why would the odds favour Jan 2017 attaining the most contacts ?  could there be purpose in this, similar to a naturally occurring cross on a map say !

I made a small observation with the 5.9 West of Macquarie Island quake yesterday (9th March).  Co-ordinates 150' 13' E - 60' 09' S Macquarie Island Region and 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S Chile, share contact with the terminator thresholds on 6 days of the year. On 8th March, it was sunset in Macquarie Region and dawn in chile at 08:53 ut ... 27 hours later, the 5.9 occurred. I'm not suggesting a pattern with this, I am mealy pointing out a coincidence.

Duffy

(03-10-2017, 01:44 PM)Roger Hunter Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 01:40 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger;

May .................. 0
Aug .................. 0
Sept ................. 0
Nov .................. 0
Dec .................. 0

Duffy

Duffy;

I'll have to take a pass on this for a few days. I'm going in this AM to get injections in my spine to eliminate sciatic pain and I'm not sure how long (or even if) I'll be laid up.

I've been searching for quakes at that location and so far have found none but that isn't relevant to your idea, is it?
I can't do a terminator search but I can check for quakes 90 degrees away.

Roger

Roger;

Sorry to hear about your back problem, today seems to be a day of coincidences. I am currently on medication due to pain from a re-occurring back injury I sustained in a car crash back in 98 ... I was a passenger, so it goes to show I generally only make mistakes on this forum  Blush.

I noted the 5.5 Venezuela quake today, so I have been playing around with some trivial terminator connections, and though they probably don't mean anything, this is what I came up with; 

I have been checking the Macquarie Island region and noticed 3 of the 4 biggest quake in the last 12 months occurred whilst the terminator was in contact with a location in South Sumatra ...

12th April 2016 ... M 5.5 Macquarie Island region ................ 12:07:55 ut
                           Dusk on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S ....... 12:08 ut

8th Sept 2016 ... M 6.1 Macquarie Island Region ................ 21:46:20 ut
                           Dawn on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S ...... 21:47 ut

9th Mar 2017 .... M 5.9 Macquarie Island Region ................. 11:14:25 ut
                           Sunset on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S ..... 11:14 ut

There were 17 quakes of 5+ during this period, but only these 3 had repeated terminator connections with the same spot !  I showed a coincidental terminator connection between the Macquarie region and Chile in an earlier post.  After Venezuala occurred, I found the following future connections;

16th Mar ... Sunset on bearing 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S (Chile) ............. 23:07 ut
                  Sunrise on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S (Sumatra) ........ 23:07 ut
                 Sunrise on bearing 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S (Chile) ............. 10:47 ut
                 Sunrise on bearing 69' 37' W - 11' 51' N (Venuzuala) ..... 10:47 ut

Like I said, I'm just playing around with this, but trial and error sometimes uncovers something new right !

Thanks for checking my location for quakes, I have been monitoring all the crosses from both tests and no events have occurred on those either ... Naturally occurring cross, sounds like a seismic corn circle  Undecided.

Hope all goes well with your treatment.

Duffy

(03-10-2017, 04:22 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger;

Sorry to hear about your back problem, today seems to be a day of coincidences. I am currently on medication due to pain from a re-occurring back injury I sustained in a car crash back in 98 ... I was a passenger, so it goes to show I generally only make mistakes on this forum  Blush.

I noted the 5.5 Venezuela quake today, so I have been playing around with some trivial terminator connections, and though they probably don't mean anything, this is what I came up with; 

I have been checking the Macquarie Island region and noticed 3 of the 4 biggest quake in the last 12 months occurred whilst the terminator was in contact with a location in South Sumatra ...

12th April 2016 ... M 5.5 Macquarie Island region ................ 12:07:55 ut
                           Dusk on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S ....... 12:08 ut

8th Sept 2016 ... M 6.1 Macquarie Island Region ................ 21:46:20 ut
                           Dawn on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S ...... 21:47 ut

9th Mar 2017 .... M 5.9 Macquarie Island Region ................. 11:14:25 ut
                           Sunset on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S ..... 11:14 ut

There were 17 quakes of 5+ during this period, but only these 3 had repeated terminator connections with the same spot !  I showed a coincidental terminator connection between the Macquarie region and Chile in an earlier post.  After Venezuala occurred, I found the following future connections;

16th Mar ... Sunset on bearing 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S (Chile) ............. 23:07 ut
                  Sunrise on bearing 105' 07' E - 7' 58' S (Sumatra) ........ 23:07 ut
                 Sunrise on bearing 72' 14' W - 45' 55' S (Chile) ............. 10:47 ut
                 Sunrise on bearing 69' 37' W - 11' 51' N (Venuzuala) ..... 10:47 ut

Like I said, I'm just playing around with this, but trial and error sometimes uncovers something new right !

Thanks for checking my location for quakes, I have been monitoring all the crosses from both tests and no events have occurred on those either ... Naturally occurring cross, sounds like a seismic corn circle  Undecided.

Hope all goes well with your treatment.

Duffy
Duffy; 

this doesn't refer to your last point but to the earlier one about the single point.

Using that as a center point I searched the NEIC 5+ list for quakes within 90 degrees +/- 0.25 degrees.

There were 196 in the entire catalog of 72,194 quakes and most of them were in the same general location.

Now does that mean that seeing that signal again will indicate a quake in that area?

No. It means that that area is more seismically active so you get more hits.

Roger

Roger

Glad you could still make it ... could you please clarify which single point and which general location you are referring too.  My response might be wrong if I am not sure of the facts.  I know your information is based on statistics over a great period, mine is mostly observational and I am basically joining the dots with the detail at hand ... please observe the following;

Just to remind you of the two big players in the first post of this thread;  143' 03' E - 27' 48' N  South of Japan ... 15' 36' W - 27' 32' S  Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

You can see that this image is GOES data, the time at top right corner shows this graph was acquired today (11th March).  Why the purple and yellow traces originally stopped is not relevant, but they both re-established recording at 05:44 ut.  It is Dawn on bearing 15' 36' W - 27' 32' S at this time.  At 07:02:10 ut, a 5.0 occurred on the Central East Pacific Rise, USGS is showing a 5.2 occurred in Argentina 90 seconds earlier (this one is currently missing from EMSC list).  At 07:02 ut, it was sunrise on bearing 15' 36' W - 27' 32' S at this time !

The image then shows the red trace discontinued at 08:32 ut, at 08:32 ut it was sunset on bearing 143' 03' E - 27' 48' N South of Japan.  When the red trace re-established at 09:52 ut, it was Dusk on bearing 143' 03' E - 27' 48' N.

I am describing detail that is clearly visible in this image, and I am using times and locations that I calculated from a different space data image on 2nd March.  The two images are 9 days apart, and are openly available for anybody to check.  The south Atlantic location could be a single point, and nothing may actually happen there. But this detail shows it had correlation with GOES data and at least one 5+ event ... I have therefore joined observational dots and given my interpretation of the facts.

I have similar images and detail from yesterday, which indicates a possible 5+ event off the West coast of Trinidad and Tobago on 61' 42' W longitude.  When I have finished sourcing my own data for conformation, I intend to place a prediction with said detail included.

Duffy

(03-11-2017, 12:28 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger

Glad you could still make it ... could you please clarify which single point and which general location you are referring too.  My response might be wrong if I am not sure of the facts.  I know your information is based on statistics over a great period, mine is mostly observational and I am basically joining the dots with the detail at hand ... please observe the following;

Just to remind you of the two big players in the first post of this thread;  143' 03' E - 27' 48' N  South of Japan ... 15' 36' W - 27' 32' S  Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

You can see that this image is GOES data, the time at top right corner shows this graph was acquired today (11th March).  Why the purple and yellow traces originally stopped is not relevant, but they both re-established recording at 05:44 ut.  It is Dawn on bearing 15' 36' W - 27' 32' S at this time.  At 07:02:10 ut, a 5.0 occurred on the Central East Pacific Rise, USGS is showing a 5.2 occurred in Argentina 90 seconds earlier (this one is currently missing from EMSC list).  At 07:02 ut, it was sunrise on bearing 15' 36' W - 27' 32' S at this time !

The image then shows the red trace discontinued at 08:32 ut, at 08:32 ut it was sunset on bearing 143' 03' E - 27' 48' N South of Japan.  When the red trace re-established at 09:52 ut, it was Dusk on bearing 143' 03' E - 27' 48' N.

I am describing detail that is clearly visible in this image, and I am using times and locations that I calculated from a different space data image on 2nd March.  The two images are 9 days apart, and are openly available for anybody to check.  The south Atlantic location could be a single point, and nothing may actually happen there. But this detail shows it had correlation with GOES data and at least one 5+ event ... I have therefore joined observational dots and given my interpretation of the facts.

I have similar images and detail from yesterday, which indicates a possible 5+ event off the West coast of Trinidad and Tobago on 61' 42' W longitude.  When I have finished sourcing my own data for conformation, I intend to place a prediction with said detail included.

Duffy

Attached Files
.txt   DUFDISTTEST4.txt (Size: 8.75 KB / Downloads: 132)