Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017
(02-07-2017, 12:07 PM)Duffy Wrote: Duffy;

Quote:Nothing to be confused about here, I gave account of an idea relating to trigger points, as per your enquiry.  You thought it was some kind of formula to explain near misses, and I corrected you on that point.

No, I was stating that you were invoking other elements like twilight to explain quakes that didn't quite fit the center line hypothesis.

Quote:One has nothing to do with the other, you are currently trying to investigate why these quakes occur when the terminator zones come into contact with my crosses.  Whilst you are doing that, I am trying to investigate other avenues related to the terminator with respect to a trigger.

Exactly and the program works. Now I just need a big enough sample of random date/times to establish the probability of a hit.

Quote:Two events occurred yesterday; M 5.6 Uttaranchal, India 17:03:06 ut  Sunset on 25' 36' E - 22' 19' S (7th Jan) at 17:03 ut
                                              M 5.3 Pacific Antarctic    18:23:23 ut  Dusk on 25' 36' E - 22' 19' S (7th Jan) at 18:23 ut
                                                                                                    Dawn on 163' 59' E - 18' 06' N (12th Jan) at 18:23 ut

These times are are exactly to the minute on these bearings, the sunset cross for India was hit again 1 hour 20 minutes later by Dusk, relating to the Pacific Antarctic event. It wasn't 1 hour 16 minutes, or 26 minutes past, they both occurred at the exact lateral width of the terminator zone at this point.  Or to look at it from another perspective, If I had selected locations 2 or 3 degrees East or West of these crosses current positions, there would be no contacts !.   From my point of view as a non Scientist, this appears to be significant, because it is happening everyday ... from your point of view it is chance !.   Its not practical to keep updating this, so I will make report after the next new moon.

What you need to do is calculate this for ALL quakes. The hit/miss ratio is important.

Quote:You are correct, when the sun is on the equator, illumination is pole to pole and 180 degrees in longitude.  But this only occurs on two days of the year.  When the sun reaches the equator on 20th March 10:28 ut during its Northward journey, it is spring equinox.  When it again reaches the the equator on its Southward journey on 22nd September at 20:00 ut, it is the autumn equinox.  The Earth is tilted to the celestial plane by 23.5 degrees, and that's why during the rest of the year, the angle of the terminator changes daily.  I can't guarantee these facts are correct, because  I haven't been following astronomy for sometime ... but I think this is how it works.

Yes, that's correct and the sunrise line is 90 degrees from the subsolar point.

Quote:All that matters here is determining significance of signal, any idea's I have in the future, I shall keep to myself because they only seem to cause confusion.

Wrong. Discussing these things is how understanding grows. Keep it up.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Duffy - 01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Roger Hunter - 02-07-2017, 02:31 PM