Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017
(02-01-2017, 02:27 AM)Duffy Wrote: Roger

My first post was on the 16th, and I stated the experiment had started with a 5.8 in Vanuatu on the day of that post,. And  would conclude at new moon on the 28th, the duration actually being 11 days, 1 hour, 19 minutes and 5 seconds.  I can see somewhere in this, it was my fault for assuming you understood the purpose of this exercise, and therefore understood why it started on the 16th.  I again put my family second for something I thought may be of significance, when in fact you as the evaluator didn't understand it from the start. Don't trouble yourself with programs because I will not be repeating this again, there is too much time and effort involved.  Given the surface area of the Earth, compared to a few points on a map, which resulted with indirect correlation with 5+ quakes, in a short period of time, seemed to be worthy of the experiment. I thought the odds against that being possible must be very high ... I was wrong !

Duffy
Duffy;

The problem here is that we don't know the probability. It seems to be very low but may or may not be.

I'll continue with the program and I'll use the larger sample (larger is always better!). The advantage is speed.
For example, to compute the sunrise/set, moonrise/set for your 12 cases takes less than a second.

But I need the answer to my astronomy question. It seems to me it should be approximately correct at the very least but that's not good enough for this purpose.

So hang in there. I'll continue either way but it's better with you than without.

Rogert

Messages In This Thread
Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Duffy - 01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Roger Hunter - 02-01-2017, 02:41 AM