Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017
(01-28-2017, 12:39 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger;

Believe me, I don't think your loosing it ... it is more likely that this is in a different context to what you have had experience with, and are struggling to know how to deal with it. In truth, I don't fully understand this either, but the fact is, I posted data that has resulted in showing some kind of inherent link with earthquakes. I have no agenda with this except redemption, and I have no idea where this will lead, so when you ask what exactly am I doing ... then I am posting data, and want somebody to tell me if this has anything to do with earthquakes !  

New moon occurred at 01:19:05 ut, it was followed by a mag 5 in Chile at 01:27:27 ut,  sunset at bearing 100' 51' W - 20' 23' S (18th Jan) occurred at 01:28 ut.  Eight minutes Roger ... it followed with a temporal difference of 8 minutes ! The next 3 quakes have not hit a bearing, the sun is shutting them down as it heads North !

I recall some time ago, jesting with you guy's that if you wanted to find the answer to the earthquake problem, you should be looking up, not down.   I thought it an amusing remark at the time, because naivety with this subject dominated a professional approach ... it doesn't sound as amusing now does it ? 

I'm not shining you on ... so find a way to test this, or it will slip through your fingers !

Duffy

Duffy;

I think a light just turned on. See if this is correct.

1) You get a signal on your screen

2) You find where sunrise/sunset is located at that time

3) The longitudes for sunrise/sunset are flagged as significant locations for future quakes

4) Any 5+ quake located in any of those 4 longitude bands counts as a hit.

5) Same process for the moon.

If I finally understand it, this means you have 8 significant longitudes per signal and 30 days for a quake to hit one.

8/360 is a pretty small window but you have a lot of quakes and a lot of time.

So for my test I don't need real positions for sun and moon at all. I can take any arbitrary location, find what is 90 degrees either way from it and look for quakes there within 30 days. In fact I have done that using mag 6+ quakes as "random" times/locations.

No, wait, you want real sun/moon locations. But 90 degrees from the random location is the  sunrise/sunset location so all I need is the moon locations and I think I can get those.

No, even that isn't right because of the sun's declination. Rats!

Let me know if my logic is correct on this before I go hunting for my old programs.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Duffy - 01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Roger Hunter - 01-28-2017, 02:53 PM