Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017
(01-19-2017, 06:40 PM)Duffy Wrote: Duffy;

>>Sorry if I sounded defensive ... a consequence of looking at sea mounds all day, you know how tiresome that can be  Sleepy.

No problem. I just don't want to lose you over a misunderstanding.

>> Here lies the problem, you will not be able to reproduce this because you don't have what I have !  And I can not disclose the source unless the data is deemed significant.  I don't fully understand this myself, but I do know that for a majority of 5+ quakes, sunrise / sunset, morning or night terminator is nearly always on one of these bearings when the quake occurs.  This is my third attempt (first online) so I know the bearings have no meaning after new moon ... it's like the slate is wiped clean !. But if I get the data days before the quakes, there must be a way to figure out where they relate to.

That IS a problem because if I can't reproduce it, I can't test it.

>> I haven't finished formatting my results for you yet, but the figures show; 38 expired predictions, 31 correct in longitude, 7 misses, and 12 on target with latitude. Of the 7 misses, 4 events only reached 4.9 mag, 2 occurred at 35 - 36 days respectively, and 1 (Iceland was a no show).   Of the 12 on target, I determined there location by spending many hours watching for distortions in the ACE space data at times of sunrise and sunset ( that's why it feels insulting when one's efforts are dismissed). If you get distortions both ways, then you have X marks the spot.  My technique is improving, but the Satellite time is getting shorter, if the people at NOAA left the Satellite on, I'm confident I would be able to find more X's.

The effort involved counts for nothing. Only the results matter here.

>> This is why I know these data lines have potential in determining time of event, they are indirectly linked to sunrise / sunset time at pre-seismic locations.

Then why don't all quakes happen at dawn/dusk? I can assure you, they don't.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Duffy - 01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Roger Hunter - 01-19-2017, 06:58 PM