Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017
Roger;

Sorry if I sounded defensive ... a consequence of looking at sea mounds all day, you know how tiresome that can be  Sleepy.

Here lies the problem, you will not be able to reproduce this because you don't have what I have !  And I can not disclose the source unless the data is deemed significant.  I don't fully understand this myself, but I do know that for a majority of 5+ quakes, sunrise / sunset, morning or night terminator is nearly always on one of these bearings when the quake occurs.  This is my third attempt (first online) so I know the bearings have no meaning after new moon ... it's like the slate is wiped clean !. But if I get the data days before the quakes, there must be a way to figure out where they relate to.

I haven't finished formatting my results for you yet, but the figures show; 38 expired predictions, 31 correct in longitude, 7 misses, and 12 on target with latitude. Of the 7 misses, 4 events only reached 4.9 mag, 2 occurred at 35 - 36 days respectively, and 1 (Iceland was a no show).   Of the 12 on target, I determined there location by spending many hours watching for distortions in the ACE space data at times of sunrise and sunset ( that's why it feels insulting when one's efforts are dismissed). If you get distortions both ways, then you have X marks the spot.  My technique is improving, but the Satellite time is getting shorter, if the people at NOAA left the Satellite on, I'm confident I would be able to find more X's.

This is why I know these data lines have potential in determining time of event, they are indirectly linked to sunrise / sunset time at pre-seismic locations.

Duffy

Messages In This Thread
Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Duffy - 01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Joining the seismic dots 16 / 1 / 2017 - by Duffy - 01-19-2017, 06:40 PM