The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Italy quakes
I tried to post 2 days ago and lost the post (I made a mistake). I was going to talk about the M6.1 in Italy that followed the M5.5 foreshock to it. That there were foreshocks to an earthquake a few years ago, and that earth scientists and public officials reassured the population that the foreshocks were unlikely to lead to a larger quake (or something like it), so some people went back in their houses and some of these were killed and injured. Scientists and officials were put on trial for that.

Now there has been a M6.6 in the same area as the 5.5 and 6.1. All three are normal faulting quakes (extension)
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us1000731j#executive
The CNN story does not talk about fatalities, but the smaller magnitude quakes for earlier this year and a few years ago had a (lot of) fatalities. The map shows a mountainous national park to east of quake so maybe there is a small local population?

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Italy quakes - by Island Chris - 10-30-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: Italy quakes - by Island Chris - 10-30-2016, 01:05 PM
RE: Italy quakes - by Skywise - 11-03-2016, 07:45 PM