The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

EARTHQUAKE TRIGGERING FORCES RESEARCH PROJECT
The following is most of the text of a report related to this subject that I just started circulating. Updates are planned to be posted to this thread.

SUN, MOON, AND EARTH DATA

Posted February 3, 2014

A somewhat informal earthquake triggering forces research project is getting underway by several researchers including me. The number of people involved might gradually expand.

Attempts are being made to obtain several types of data and equations such as the ones listed here. Those data can be found elsewhere or generated. But it is probably best to ask for this information from people who do this work on a regular basis so that there is some continuity with the effort.

Data Already Available

We have already developed a computer program that provides us with:

--- The distance between the center of the sun and the center of the Earth for any input time.

--- The distance between the center of the moon and the center of the Earth for any input time.

--- The subsolar location for any input time. If a line is drawn between the center of the sun and center of the Earth then what we regard as the subsolar location is the latitude and longitude of the location where that line crosses the surface of the Earth.

--- The sublunar location for any input time. If a line is drawn between the center of the moon and center of the Earth then what we regard as the sublunar location is the latitude and longitude of the location where that line crosses the surface of the Earth.

The strength of the sun and moon gravities as they are felt at the location of specific earthquake fault zones at specific times is needed. And to help determine that we would like to know what the distance is between the center of the sun and the fault zone and also the distance between the center of the moon and the fault zone at specific times.

Question 1 - The average sun center to Earth center distance

To start with we would like to know what people regard as the value of the distance between the center of the sun and the center of the Earth for the time when the sun gravity pull on the Earth is considered to have a value of 1 for calculation purposes.

With that information we can then determine using mass equations etc. what the sun and moon gravity pulls on the Earth are relative to one another at different times of the year.

I am aware that the sun - Earth and moon - Earth distances and their subsolar and sublunar locations change throughout the year. And we could actually select any sun - Earth distance we wanted to start with for these types of calculations. But as I said, we would like to stay consistent with other researchers on this.

Question 2 - What actual sun, moon, and Earth masses in kilograms (or whatever) do people prefer to use for those equations

Question 3 - Sun and moon centers to earthquake fault zone distances

There might be some people who have the following information readily available. If not then I know how to do the calculations myself. But it would probably take a few days as I am not a math wizard.

As stated before, we have those sun - Earth distance, moon - Earth distance, and subsolar and sublunar latitude and longitude data to work with. And they are actually enough.

Since we want to know what the sun and moon gravity strengths are as felt at specific earthquake fault zones at specific times, we first need to know what the sun center to earthquake fault zone location and moon center to earthquake fault zone location distances are for specific times. And from those distance data and the right equations we can generate gravity strength numbers.

If anyone knows where those types of distance equations can be found I would be interested in learning that. Otherwise it will be a matter of just working them out.

What I myself have been doing for this type of effort is to view the Earth as being stationary in space. 0 latitude and longitude is directly ahead. 90 N latitude is at the top of the image. 90 S latitude is at the bottom. 90 W longitude and 0 latitude is at the left of the image. And 90 E longitude and 0 latitude is at the right.

Then in that imaginary image, the subsolar, sublunar, and earthquake fault zone locations are pictured as points on the surface of the Earth. And their x, y, and z components are calculated and merged with the original sun and moon distance data so that new distances and various latitudes and longitudes can be obtained.

Additional Comment Regard Earthquake Triggering

We already know why earthquakes occur. And data that I have collected over the years indicate to me that at least some of our more powerful earthquakes are being triggered at specific times by forces related to the gravitational pulls of the sun and the moon on the Earth's crust. However, whether or not this is really the case or if they are simply random events is a debate that can be held at some other time. Right now we are only interested in those sun, moon, and Earth mass, distance, and gravity data.

Messages In This Thread
EARTHQUAKE TRIGGERING FORCES RESEARCH PROJECT - by EQF - 02-03-2014, 05:18 PM