Forum Structure Comments
Hyperlinks were already differentiated by use of a different color of text, but I agree it didn't contrast well.

They now contrast well, and are underlined.

That was actually an easy fix.

Still haven't found the darn template for the date/time.

You think the board itself is hard to use? Then you'll never want to install this software on your own because the back end has a couple orders of magnitude more complexity. (But I personally like that)

These kinds of edits are not a simple matter of clicking a switch box or editing an html file. Primarily because there are no html files to edit. Everything is controlled through the use of CSS templates, and there are thousands. And to confuse things further, templates nest within templates within more templates.... ad nauseum. So, I'm still a little lost in how things are structured. Huh

Whenever you view a page in this forum, the html code that is sent to you is dynamically generated AT THAT MOMENT based on all the settings and templates and contents of the database. It may seem a convoluted way of doing things, but in the end it gives you maximum flexibility, once you figure it all out. Smile

BTW, I'm aware of only one other forum that is similar in format to the old Earthwaves. All other forums I see are more like this one. (discounting usenet, of course, but who uses that anymore?) Big Grin

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-17-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-22-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-24-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-25-2014, 02:29 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-26-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-27-2014, 03:52 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-27-2014, 07:43 AM