The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Forum Structure Comments
Forum Structure Comments

1. Once again regarding the displayed board time,

The time is listed at the top right of each page. And I believe that this is the time as measured at 0 longitude, Greenwich, or UTC, or Zulu Time.

However, it says AM or PM. And that could be confusing to people who don’t know that it is being measured at 0 longitude.

There is probably a way to change the AM and PM settings so that UTC is displayed instead. Then people would always know what that time means.

2. Proposed Combined Forum Web Page

In notes posted to the previous EarthWaves board I stated that this new board format might be less attractive to many visitors than the old one as people need to jump around from forum to forum to see what is being discussed. And the relatively low number of visits to the board so far might support that argument.

The program that runs this bulletin board is probably sophisticated enough that there should be a way to create a new forum page that lists all of the posts to each of the other forums in chronological order of posting.

Specific forums such as the Administrator one might be excluded from that page.

There could also be an option with each of the forums Web pages that lets people specify that the note that they are posting should not be listed on that combined forum Web page in addition to the specific forum to which they are posting their note.

That way, people such as myself who want to see what everyone is posting could visit a single forum page and easily scroll down to see what had been posted in all recent notes.

My own download hookup is only a moderate speed. And when I move from forum to forum it takes a while for the page to display. Site visitors who have very slow dial-up type Internet links likely have a real problem with the time it takes to move from one forum page to another.

If this combined forum page is possible then you might ask current posters if they would like to have it added to the board. I expect that most people would probably agree, especially since they would still have the option of not having their notes listed on that combined forum page.

3. Finally, I recommend that you check on the following.

It appears that to log on to his or her account, a person’s Internet browser needs to allow “Cookies.” Mine usually does not. And several recent login attempts failed. However, when I reset my browser to accept Cookies the next login attempt was successful.

It that observation is correct and that forum Cookie policy is not absolutely necessary for logins then I recommend that it be removed. The less invasive Web site computer programs are such as forums, the fewer security problems people are likely to encounter over time.

Messages In This Thread
Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-17-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-22-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-24-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-25-2014, 02:29 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-26-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-27-2014, 03:52 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-27-2014, 07:43 AM