Forum Structure Comments
Okay. Things are starting to get clearer.

As I said several times, this version of the board is sufficiently complex that people won’t understand it and likely won’t be attracted to it at first as much as the old board. For example, none of us that I know of could determine how to add links etc. And no one visiting a board wants to go through the trouble of reading through endless help files. Things work best when they are obvious when you simply look at them. I now see how links are added after you explained that.

There is probably an option with the board setup that lets you specify that all html links are automatically underlined when they are typed in. I couldn’t see that html links are active when I posted the original link. And I doubt if anyone else did or is even aware of that right now.

If possible you might want to activate that feature.

Regarding my lengthy posts,

That is deliberate and something that I have learned from many years of posting notes and sending advice to government officials around the world.

It is very difficult to explain things clearly using E-mail and board notes. There are multiple ways to interpret short notes. And some people do interpret them in the wrong manner and start heading in the completely wrong direction.

The only way to deal with that is to post lengthy, detailed notes. Then even if they are boring and no one wants to spend a lot of time actually reading them, they do contain enough technical information to be sufficiently clear. And the people who are actually interested in the subject matter then know exactly what is being said.

I myself work on disaster mitigation projects all the time. And it is my belief that people’s health and lives can often be at stake. So when I provide technical information to people that they might use to make important decisions that information needs to be clear and unambiguous.

Finally, who else is posting board structure notes (humor intended)? No one that I can see, not even Chris or Roger. So you can certainly afford to spend a few minutes extra every few days reading my postings though they might sometimes be a little lengthy.

Plans are to start widely circulating information regarding the following Web pages fairly soon. The addresses are duplicated here so that I can see how the html format works compared with the address by itself.

Department of Science and Technology

http://www.freewebs.com/eq-forecasting/DSAT.html

Science Organization

http://www.freewebs.com/eq-forecasting/S...ation.html

These are personal opinions.

Messages In This Thread
Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-17-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-17-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-22-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-23-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by EQF - 01-24-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Forum Structure Comments - by Skywise - 01-25-2014, 02:29 AM