The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Update on me
Big Grin 
Sorry I've been away so long. About a month ago I caught the flu and followed that up with pneumonia. No hospital stay but it knocked me on my arse for a good three weeks. NOT FUN!!! I missed 3 weeks of work to boot!

But I am now nearly fully recovered. Just a little bronchitis cough left over which is clearing quickly every day.

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm not online very often. I wish I could contribute more to the conversations here. I run across some good news items every now and then but by the time I get here, they're old. But maybe I'll post them anyway.

Chris, don't stop posting. Especially about your own work. It gives me a little glimpse into the real world science process, it's ups and downs, and I am always glad when you finally succeed in getting that next paper published.

Roger, if you've done any analysis of predictors lately, I'd like to hear the results. Any new folks with new ideas out there? Seems there's always a new one that thinks they've got it all figured out.

Duffy, I still enjoy reading your posts. I like seeing how your thought processes have changed over time as you try to work out your ideas as you get new data. And I encourage you to embrace those changes. Changing your mind is not always a bad thing. The process of science can at times be frustrating but the rewards can be big. And remember, a failure is just as important as a success. Knowing what isn't correct or doesn't work is as valuable of knowing what is correct and does work.

Everybody else, I hope all is well with you and hope to hear from you, even if it's just to post something funny. I too miss the voices that don't post much lately.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
Update on me - by Skywise - 03-10-2016, 04:36 AM
RE: Update on me - by Duffy - 03-10-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Update on me - by Island Chris - 03-11-2016, 10:16 AM