The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Online Quake Detection .. Is This Method Or Madness!
Hi all,

I would first like to thank Brian and Roger for their assurance that I will be tolerated further .. even with my strange idea's, and will of course tell them in good time if I start bleeding from my forehead and palms  Angel.

I decided to start a new thread because I am not able to evaluate myself in a manner that would be commonly accepted as the norm, If I had to be honest with myself, and relay the same honesty on a public forum .. I would not be believed !!.   As I have mentioned in a resent post, my occupation is seasonal between spring and fall, in the winter I retire, which gives me plenty of time to follow up on projects such as this. As a result, I have found several sources of information and data that correlate with my own.    I have come to realise, no amount of images or predictions I submit here are going to get me any further than just coincidence or speculation, corroboration of this data has led me to a point in my detection method's that requires outside intervention.   This being the case, I thought I would share some of this information, in the hope that others may come to the same or an alternative conclusion to my own.

This is purely an observational exercise, and to help with efficiency, I suggest you use a minimum of two monitors connected to the internet ( I find it easier with three).  On the first monitor .. upload  "www.timeanddate.com" .. in the title bar, click on "Sun & Moon" .. in the drop down menu, click on "Day and Night Map".  You should be looking at a World map with Sun, Moon , terminator and twilight positions for the time you are visiting the site, along the bottom of the map, it gives you the option to add or subtract time, and lower down the page it gives you the option to input any time and date required. I have found the input time selection can occasionally miss a minute, but this isn't relevant  for the present.

Do exactly the same with the second monitor, only, you need to input a date and time that is precisely 182 days and 12 hours ahead of your present time, for example ... if the present date and time is 6th February at 22:00 UT , you would need to input 6th August at 10:00 UT.  

The first point of this exercise is to determine how many quakes occur in the different twilight regions, civil, nautical and astronomical, and note what magnitude they attain in each zone on both maps.  It is probable that most members are used to monitoring daily quake activity on the USGS site, but to get a greater perspective of this, you would also need to monitor the European site, http://www.emsc-csem.org.

In both screens, you will see that at mid latitudes, both sets of twilight zones pass over a given area in about 3 hours, but at the polar regions, it can take up to 12 hours, with each zone being longer or shorter than the last.   By now, you may be thinking why I have included the August map! ...  this is in fact the reason why I need the opinion of others.

At this stage, you will need real time Solar wind data at http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/ace-re...solar-wind.  You should be looking at a screen on the left, with the days SDO data recordings, and a selection of solar wind components on the right. Choose the Plasma option then click on the duration box at the top of the screen, and select 6 hours.  You are now ready to monitor, possible anomalies that both my systems and the SDO satellite have recorded, which lie beyond the visible terminator zones .. that my data suggests a correlation with tectonic activity

As I have stated before, I have been recording multiple signals, which I believe relate to hot spots on the Earth's surface, there are three very prominent anomalies at the moment that I have been trying to predict on, these are New Zealand (namely the Cook Strait), Southern Tajikistan and off the East coast of Porto Rico.    Now, if you monitor the terminator zones when they reach or transit these locations, you should see a change in the Solar wind data, in most cases you will see a break in signal reception, which further monitoring should show several breaks.   I timed these breaks before I posted my last prediction, they calculated to the minute as civil twilight, nautical twilight and astronomical twilight in the region of Tajikistan, I have found similar with the other locations mentioned.   To confirm the time periods, I use a site called "suncalc.net", again, it displays a world map, if you click "more detail" in the time box on the right, it will display the relevant zones.

I personally have been monitoring these occurrences for five months .. and gone as far as my limits will allow to find an alternate reason, my conclusion thus far is terminator zones beyond the visible may exist, or a logical explanation that I am un aware of may be the cause.  Either way, this is "not" my data, this is not a local phenomena as the satellite is 1.5 million kms from Earth, and if participants are willing to put in a fraction of the tlme and devotion I have, they may find the results quite surprising.  The outcome I am hoping to get from this is as the thread title suggests .. is there true method in detection here, or am I finally loosing my mind, if anyone else's conclusion favours the former, then the rest of the data I have may go a lot further than just terminators !!!.   As a final note, If my hypothesis is correct, activity should increase and climax some time on Thursday with an event occurring at one of the locations mentioned, I still favour Tajikistan as the signal breaks have been more prominent there.

It is now 22:00 UT, and I notice the solar data has changed format as the August terminator transits Central America, first break 21:04 UT, second break 21:36 UT ???  

look forward to hearing any other thought's on this,

Thank You 

Duffy,

Messages In This Thread
Online Quake Detection .. Is This Method Or Madness! - by Duffy - 02-06-2016, 10:12 PM