Prediction for Tajikistan and Porto Rico 2 / 2 / 2016
(02-05-2016, 02:11 AM)Skywise Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: I was going to do as you suggested after my latest prediction expired, I have to admit though .. self evaluation doesn't seem right, especially when I feel that I'm standing in a room full of scientists that know far more than I do, it's like a high school pupil marking his own homework and giving himself an A ... I truly am open to questions on this.

Self evaluation is something that scientists do all the time. They want to try to tear apart their own ideas before publishing them and being subjected to the tearing apart their peers will surely give them. But it's basically being skeptical of your own works. It's how you keep yourself honest.

(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: I have burned through $2,000 worth of batteries in three months and cannot sustain the pace.

How about rechargeables of some kind? Even if it's nothing more than a car battery using an inverter, then bring the battery inside and use a charger. Surely cheaper than 2 grand.

(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: And lastly, Earthwaves seems to have a strict policy against engaging in pseudo science, which ironically, I fully agree with ... but this being the case, I feel I can no longer test my hypothesis here until I have substantial proof to back this up.

Although your ideas may not be the most scientifically rigorous, you are a far cry from the type of pseudoscientists that we've dealt with in the past. We've dealt with the kind that think they're the Second Coming and no amount of argument or proof will dissuade them. For a couple of folks, this is no exaggeration. There are one or two people I've encountered on the 'net in the quake prediction circles that I am pretty firmly of the opinion that they suffer from a Messiah Complex and a few other disorders.

Personally I enjoy reading your efforts.

Brian

Duffy;

I agree with Brian. Continue with your efforts. If nothing else you'll learn what it takes to do science.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction for Tajikistan and Porto Rico 2 / 2 / 2016 - by Roger Hunter - 02-05-2016, 03:29 PM