Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum

Full Version: Prediction for Tajikistan and Porto Rico 2 / 2 / 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be my final attempt at prediction for the present, as my last remaining system is hanging on by a thread, but I will be shutting it down next week anyway for re-development. I can no longer financially sustain multiple battery failings, and hard drive issues ... besides .. I have not had the chance to fully analyse the date as I should, so, who knows .. 6 months from now, I might actually get one in the right hemisphere  Confused .

Thought I would finish with a double prediction this time, as my data suggests 50/50 East or West.

This prediction is for a 7.5 - 8.5 in Southern Tajikistan at bearing .. 38' N lat by 69' E long .. +/- 5' ...... and a 5.5 - 6.5 between Porto Rico and Anquilla at bearing .. 18' N lat by 64' W long .. +/- 5'

One or both events to occur within seven days from the time of this post.

Thank You; 

Duffy,
Hi Duffy,

Since you and I are the only ones posting regularly, I'll suggest the following. Give results of your own predictions. Repeat the prediction, and if you think there may be a significant quake that could be related, give the information for that. Or, post that the prediction is a miss. You do the latter sometimes, but I think usually not. I don't have time or ambition to try and figure this out myself. But, I have gotten the impression that you have not been able to predict earthquakes. If indeed the method does not work for earthquake prediction, you may still be measuring some other natural phenomenon that is interesting, and you might consider how to find out what it is (may be many different things).

I'm finally starting writing on a manuscript. Fault system beneath Santa Barbara etc.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Yes your right!, business is a little slow at the moment ... but if all we need is a die hard pseudo amateur, and a stead fast sceptic to keep things ticking over, then so be it  Undecided .

I was going to do as you suggested after my latest prediction expired, I have to admit though .. self evaluation doesn't seem right, especially when I feel that I'm standing in a room full of scientists that know far more than I do, it's like a high school pupil marking his own homework and giving himself an A ... I truly am open to questions on this.

I appreciate your suggestion, but as I have already mentioned, I will not be predicting for the present so that I can concentrate on the data at hand ... however, I was hoping to do some kind of online Roger style test in the next couple of weeks, before I finally pull the plug. There are three reasons why I have to do this .. firstly, my occupation is seasonal and my start time is fast approaching .. second, I am broke, and don't intend to switch on again until I can find some way to protect the systems from EM pulses, I have burned through $2,000 worth of batteries in three months and cannot sustain the pace.   And lastly, Earthwaves seems to have a strict policy against engaging in pseudo science, which ironically, I fully agree with ... but this being the case, I feel I can no longer test my hypothesis here until I have substantial proof to back this up.

Good to hear from you again, Duffy's daily was starting to get monotonous !!! 

Duffy,
(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to do as you suggested after my latest prediction expired, I have to admit though .. self evaluation doesn't seem right, especially when I feel that I'm standing in a room full of scientists that know far more than I do, it's like a high school pupil marking his own homework and giving himself an A ... I truly am open to questions on this.

Self evaluation is something that scientists do all the time. They want to try to tear apart their own ideas before publishing them and being subjected to the tearing apart their peers will surely give them. But it's basically being skeptical of your own works. It's how you keep yourself honest.

(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]I have burned through $2,000 worth of batteries in three months and cannot sustain the pace.

How about rechargeables of some kind? Even if it's nothing more than a car battery using an inverter, then bring the battery inside and use a charger. Surely cheaper than 2 grand.

(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]And lastly, Earthwaves seems to have a strict policy against engaging in pseudo science, which ironically, I fully agree with ... but this being the case, I feel I can no longer test my hypothesis here until I have substantial proof to back this up.

Although your ideas may not be the most scientifically rigorous, you are a far cry from the type of pseudoscientists that we've dealt with in the past. We've dealt with the kind that think they're the Second Coming and no amount of argument or proof will dissuade them. For a couple of folks, this is no exaggeration. There are one or two people I've encountered on the 'net in the quake prediction circles that I am pretty firmly of the opinion that they suffer from a Messiah Complex and a few other disorders.

Personally I enjoy reading your efforts.

Brian
(02-05-2016, 02:11 AM)Skywise Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to do as you suggested after my latest prediction expired, I have to admit though .. self evaluation doesn't seem right, especially when I feel that I'm standing in a room full of scientists that know far more than I do, it's like a high school pupil marking his own homework and giving himself an A ... I truly am open to questions on this.

Self evaluation is something that scientists do all the time. They want to try to tear apart their own ideas before publishing them and being subjected to the tearing apart their peers will surely give them. But it's basically being skeptical of your own works. It's how you keep yourself honest.

(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]I have burned through $2,000 worth of batteries in three months and cannot sustain the pace.

How about rechargeables of some kind? Even if it's nothing more than a car battery using an inverter, then bring the battery inside and use a charger. Surely cheaper than 2 grand.

(02-04-2016, 04:49 PM)Duffy Wrote: [ -> ]And lastly, Earthwaves seems to have a strict policy against engaging in pseudo science, which ironically, I fully agree with ... but this being the case, I feel I can no longer test my hypothesis here until I have substantial proof to back this up.

Although your ideas may not be the most scientifically rigorous, you are a far cry from the type of pseudoscientists that we've dealt with in the past. We've dealt with the kind that think they're the Second Coming and no amount of argument or proof will dissuade them. For a couple of folks, this is no exaggeration. There are one or two people I've encountered on the 'net in the quake prediction circles that I am pretty firmly of the opinion that they suffer from a Messiah Complex and a few other disorders.

Personally I enjoy reading your efforts.

Brian

Duffy;

I agree with Brian. Continue with your efforts. If nothing else you'll learn what it takes to do science.

Roger