The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

RFD: New Scope and Look
Request for Discussion - New Scope and Look

I was thinking of possibly updating the forum, both in it's scope and it's look.

Specifically, I was thinking of dropping the "Prediction Forum" in the logo in favor of something like "Earth Sciences Discussion". The idea being that we are open to more discussion on Earth sciences in general than just earthquakes and prediction of them.

And since that would entail me editing the logo graphic, that lead me to the thought of maybe updating/replacing the logo as well. Which then led to the thought of changing the board colors.

Prediction discussion would still be very much welcome. However, I was thinking of merging the three prediction related forums into one "Earthquake Prediction" board (no messages would be lost) and eliminating the prediction forms on "Formal Predictions" (they've pretty much been ignored).

My reason for asking is the realization that we don't do much prediction discussion anymore but we do talk a lot of other Earth science subjects. I can create new forums for more specific areas of discussion - volcanology, climate, etc.... I'm even open to other topics of discussion but I would like to keep to things of a scientific nature. (quantum mechanics, anyone? j/k Tongue)

Opening up to more topics of discussion may encourage visitors to join in.

I would like to solicit ideas, suggestions, comments, opinions, etc....

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
RFD: New Scope and Look - by Skywise - 09-13-2015, 03:52 AM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Roger Hunter - 09-14-2015, 03:32 AM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Skywise - 09-14-2015, 05:52 AM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Duffy - 09-14-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Skywise - 09-15-2015, 03:26 AM