The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

What's on TV
The opening story on all the the UK news channels for a while this evening, was the mag 4 in the Bay area. It has a certain appeal here as most UK residents are familiar with the iconic bridge and Alcatraz Island. But Sky News decided to go one better, they were obviously in quake mode because during the broadcast of another item, they interrupted with the "Breaking News" that a major quake of 5.9 had just occurred off the coast of Yemen.

The USGS site was up on my screen at the time, and I had to wait a further 40 minutes before they posted the info (which turned out to be a less significant 5.6). I know it's all media hype but I don't know what's more disconcerting, the fact that their trying to portray to an audience that the Earth is coming apart at the seams, or that they have an insider at USGS who thinks a 5.6 sea quake is news worthy Exclamation.

A quick note to any UK members or visitors, TV program "Terror on EverestConfusedurviving Nepal", channel 4 at 9pm Tues 18th Aug. Or it can be viewed online at WWW://channel4.com.

Duffy,

Messages In This Thread
What's on TV - by Duffy - 08-17-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: What's on TV - by Skywise - 08-18-2015, 03:30 AM
RE: What's on TV - by Duffy - 08-18-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: What's on TV - by Skywise - 08-18-2015, 08:58 PM