The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Italy
I'm working 2 weeks at OGS Italy, on Ross Sea. A few days ago I decided I should not skip dinner again, so I walked to the local restaurant. It was closed. So, I walked back to the hotel, which is sort of a non-hotel, to read my book and go to bed. I left my book in India or on a plane.

Finally walked to Trieste (2 hours) to meet people I am working with for dinner. The Costa Mediterranea was in port (and left 1/2 hour later). I joked that it looked like a wild party on the bridge and the captain was going to show off and run aground somewhere down the coast. it is a huge ship.

My hotel has no AC or internet, and I am the only one staying there, and there is no one in the building (you get the key 4 minute walk away). It had been hot, but thunderstorm late Saturday night. I got up Sunday morning, started to walk to breakfast, and a lightning bolt struck between 200 and 400 meters away: it was not raining and I had not heard thunder before. This unnerved me so I want back to cover by the hotel for a couple of minutes. It still was not raining so I walked about 100 m and another bolt hot between 100 and 200 m in front of me. I ended up running to breakfast. Then it started raining.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Italy - by Island Chris - 07-27-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Italy - by Skywise - 07-29-2015, 03:48 AM
RE: Italy - by Island Chris - 07-30-2015, 07:19 AM