a walk on the Goa beach
Chris, you're not the only one who has thought trains like that. And I've gotten myself pretty anxious from them at times, too. But not really much concerning quakes, though.

However, seems every time I get stuck under an overpass in traffic, the first thing I do is look at the columns to see if they've been jacketed. In fact, there's this particular bridge I don't like. It's span is over 400 feet and about 275 feet wide (per google earth measuring tool). And although there is a row of columns in the center, they look awfully small compared to that big chunk of concrete just hanging up there. Over me. In my little car. Stuck at a red light. Sad Well, since I'm almost always in the left most lane at that part of my journey and there is no divider between me and the opposing traffic lanes, I could always sneak out that way. Smile

In case anyone wants to take a look, it's this one. Go to street view to see what I mean.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7895297,...876195,20z

And BTW, posts like this are fine with me. That's what the Miscellaneous section is for. I'd only be concerned if they became half the posts overall! Tongue

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
a walk on the Goa beach - by Island Chris - 07-12-2015, 06:24 AM
RE: a walk on the Goa beach - by Skywise - 07-13-2015, 05:47 AM
RE: a walk on the Goa beach - by Island Chris - 07-13-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: a walk on the Goa beach - by Island Chris - 07-18-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: a walk on the Goa beach - by Island Chris - 07-18-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: a walk on the Goa beach - by Skywise - 07-20-2015, 05:05 AM