The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

2 deg C warming in next 21 years?
My thesis advisor Bruce Luyendyk has a blog, which includes climate change, as well as his past field work in Antarctica. This post includes a link to work by Mann that says the dreaded 2 deg C global temperature increase will occur by 2036.

http://bruceluyendyk.blogspot.com/2015/0....html#more

Also, yesterday I went to a public lecture at the Graduate School of Oceanography, URI. :

"Monday, June 8, 3:30 p.m.
Making Sense of Uncertainty: What Do Climate Models Tell Us?
Computer models help researchers understand the range of possible climate conditions in the future. But how accurate are those projections? Claudia Tebaldi, National Center for Atmospheric Research and Science Fellow at Climate Central, will talk about how she analyzes climate models to determine the degree of uncertainty in their projections."

I learned quite a lot at this talk.

They showed a very large room full of computers, which formed a supercomputer (NCAR) located in Wyoming (?). To run a Global Climate Model for the next 100 years takes a couple of months of computer time for 100 km resolution. She showed results from a model with 25 km resolution. There is a lot of agreement in the models.

I may post more, later. I should look for a link to the talk.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
2 deg C warming in next 21 years? - by Island Chris - 06-09-2015, 11:50 AM