Ok, an introduction...
(05-08-2015, 11:20 AM)Island Chris Wrote: Kathy, I think you should meet Duffy, although his mother in law will not be happy. A couple of decades ago at AGU San Francisco I walked to the Italian area and went in a bar and played pool against someone. We were the worst and second worst pool players in the world. It took a full hour for us to clear the table. I don't think I'm exaggerating, although it could have been 50 minutes.

I seem to be bad at getting balls into round holes. I failed basketball in gym my senior year of High School, due to complete inability to get the ball in hole. I got a "D" for gym that year, even though I was on the ice hockey and tennis teams. We played flag football in gym class and I went into the opposing quarterback waving my arms in the air. He was the varsity quarterback for the regular football team and he threw the ball right into my nose. It was a bloody mess.

That High school is notable because the High School principle was sentenced to death for mass murder. Google "Jay C Smith" and "Upper Merion High School", or Joseph Wambaugh and Echoes in the darkness (book and TV miniseries).

I also like to tell people I don't have a high school diploma, and skated 200 km in one day on Dutch canals in 1986.

I still play ice hockey and skate on lakes. I also have a fairly wrecked back, but a little Tylenol handles it as long as I don't overdo it.

Chris

If tylenol worked on me I wouldn't complain. But my body can't take the stuff. I already have enough damage to my liver from the anti seizure meds. I use Aleve if I'm not too bad. I've also graduated to monster doses of motrin if that doesn't do the trick. Prescription 600's. I'm much better if I can play pool regularly, it keeps me loose. I'm arthritic at the initial injury site. I played for hours every night. I have 2 discs that don't stay where they are told to. One goes one way, the other dives in the other direction. There's a visible angle in my spine.

Messages In This Thread
Ok, an introduction... - by KathyKeegan - 05-06-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Ok, an introduction... - by Island Chris - 05-08-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: Ok, an introduction... - by KathyKeegan - 05-15-2015, 08:23 AM