vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far
(03-03-2015, 10:03 PM)Duffy Wrote: Hi Roger;

may I first suggest that we may have got off on the wrong foot here (mine was probably in my mouth) and that we wipe the slate clean and start over. After all, I'm the amature who provides the data, and your the professional who knows how to use it, we could get some good science done here, be a shame to waste it on misunderstandings.

The problems of written communication. No gestures, expressions, tones, all important elements of communication.

Take it for granted that you can't offend me and I hope you're equally stable.

Quote:You may have noted, I mentioned the Flores Sea quake in my last post, well, I recorded another long duration signal from 9:00 UT on sunday (1st March) which displayed another unfamilliar pattern, which I've now linked with the m 6.4 quake near Indonesia this morning (3rd). In both cases I didn't post because the unfamilliarity didn't give me much scope to determine a magnitude, I was trying to maintain my own standard of predictable signals, to emphasize I was using skill and not chance. It would appear further adjustments to the system are still taking it in the right direction, unfortunatlly, with ever change, I have to start over to recognise the patterns again.

That has to be your problem since we can't see them. It's not of concern to me how and why you make your predictions, I'm only concerned with how well you're doing based on predicted dates.

Quote:If I read you correctly,and I do in fact have something unique, and of genuine interest, then the time for clowning around as far as this is concerned is over. I'll post the date and time of the EM signal as requested, but if I could make a suggestion here, I've developed a keen eye for detail through astronomy, and I'm 90% sure I can detect any Earth related signals in these recordings (taking the usual variables into account). It might be an idea to post any unidentified signal info, regardless of any magnitude estimate, and if any do result in a positive prediction, may I further suggest, related images be posted in prediction evaluation or informal predictions, so others may have the chance to scrutinise them.

How would this help anyone who can't see your daily graphs?

Quote: Hope you find this agreeable, unless you have something else in mind.

I have no objections and no power to do anything anyway. I'm just another poster here.

Quote:If you are in agreement, I'd like to request a consideration be taken into account during evaluation, I know what this system is capable of, and it has indeed recorded Mag 4's and 5's, but only within a range of 1500km's (Greenland sea, North Atlantic Ridge etc). It has also recorded localised quakes (2.9 Winchester UK, 3.8 Rutland UK etc), and from experiance, I've noted the lower magnitude quakes take longer to arrive, sometimes 4 to 5 days longer. I've speculated that it could have something to do with lower tectonic stress or preasure levels. If a signal isn't corrolated to a 6+ quake after 48 hours, and a lower mag does occur within a 5 day window, in the range specified, would it be feasable to include it in a sub-file, and be re-evaluated at a future time should the need arise ?.

Sure, I'm flexible. I can handle any sort of format you can imagine, it's just that some are more valuable than others. For example, probability is important here. There's several mag 4 quakes a day somewhere, so that's worthless for establishing credibility. Stating a location cuts the odds considerably

Quote:To chang the subject slightly, I honestly have no idea of what's happened to the missing images, I've only just mastered how to put them on, and didn't know I was able to remove them had I wished to do so. As Brian suggested, I may have somehow done it accidently, I do have a knack of pushing the wrong buttons lately. There was a post the other morning that I replied "I sincerely get the point" but it had gone in the evening, I don't recall its content but maybe the two are linked. Unfortunately, its the same with blogging or facebook, never done them, my wife deals with any of that, I'm a bit old school I'm afraid. Having a new broadband setup this week, so at the first oppotunity, I'll ask my wife to replace them if its possible.

Ok.

Quote:The M6.4 Indonesian quake I mentioned earlier, its to late for prediction purposses, but I have very good comparable recordings from both monitors if anybody wishes to see sample images, there's also a couple of features that could be related to the Radon debate, I'll post in a new thread if requested.

Quote:Sorry about the novel again Roger, hope its helped to put us on a better footing, as for hobbies, I'm quite happy with the one's I have, but if I did fancy a change, I'd probably try my hand at sailing, I appear to be quite apt at rocking boats and making waves

To cut down on bandwidth here you might want to email me. Brian can give you the address which I don't post online, obviously.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
RE: vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far - by Roger Hunter - 03-03-2015, 10:30 PM
removing graphics - by Island Chris - 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM