The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far
Hello all,
First of all I'm a newbe, a non-scientist nor an accademic of any kind so forgive me if my dialog is a little basic. I'm a semi-retired landscape contractor by trade but in my spare time I'm an amateur/backyard astronomer with visual and ccd observation as my main interest. A couple of years ago I decided to try radio astronomy and started by constructing a SID detector (Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance)for monitoring solar activity,this worked well for a while registering CME's,proton and electron storms and solar wind instabilities. Then two months into this project my monitor registered a large disturbance which I later linked serendipitously to a mag 8.1 Earthquake near the Solomon Islands (which occurred 17 hours after the SID recording). Since then I have registered 23 quakes in 2013 which at the time did'nt retain the data as I was'nt aware of any significance, and 15 quakes in 2014 with saved data. All but 3 Earthquakes occurred within 24 hours of received signal, had an average depth of 10km,and no aftershocks were picked up even if the magnitude was greater than the initial event.
I would appreciate any imput anyone may have as I've tried to research a VLF-Earthquake correlation online and not been able to establish weather this is a common occurrance or worthy of further investigation. I live in the North of England and would dearly love to know why China, Chile and Indonesia keep popping up on my screen.

Thanks, Duffy

Messages In This Thread
vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far - by Duffy - 01-25-2015, 12:12 AM
removing graphics - by Island Chris - 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM