vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far
Hi Duffy,
This has become a science thread so maybe we finish the thought and then next time this material can be started on "earth Sciences".

I also am interested. I'm pretty sure there are known to be ionospheric disturbances that occur during great quakes. I'm less sure, but think there have been claims by scientists of such disturbances before great quakes. Brian might know better. We really need seismologist John Vidale posting science here, but the last year he posted about all he posted was to argue with someone. Maybe Brian can send an email to retired U.S. Geological Survey seismologist Roger Hunter; I'd like to know how he is doing. He will be interested once you provide some lists of all signals over a certain size, or whatever.

Here is one thing that we are good at here, but is usually led by Roger. That is, looking at the rate of quakes of different magnitudes, vs. predictions, signals (like yours), solar flares, whatever. You might want to think about whether you are aware of some vague concepts, like how many signals you see, vs., how many major and great quakes there are world-wide.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far - by Island Chris - 01-25-2015, 12:31 PM
removing graphics - by Island Chris - 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM