The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Colbert on climate change
Not quite as brilliant as the Jon Stewart one I posted a month or so, but pretty good. You have to watch a 30 s commercial:

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/sc...ge-message

To those non-Americans who may read this, Colbert's show is a comedy of sorts, where he plays a fake conservative. I find this annoying and rarely watch it.

What, no Canada or Mexico?

On the other hand, I'm going to equally annoyed when meteorologists try and claim that the current exceptional cold outbreak in the middle of the USA is related to climate change. I doubt it. The global temperatures have only gone up less than 1 deg C, and a lot of this is at high latitudes, so no reason you can't still get Arctic cold outbreaks. It is balanced by warm temperatures in the western USA (probably including Alaska).

But, we will be at 450 ppm CO2 in 20 years, things will be even more obviously changing, and history will be judging these politicians harshly, along with their followers.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Colbert on climate change - by Island Chris - 11-13-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Colbert on climate change - by Jim W. - 11-19-2014, 02:14 AM
RE: Colbert on climate change - by Skywise - 11-19-2014, 05:14 AM