Reminiscing . . . .
I think I've been here for more than 20 years.
Lowell Whiteside, who has or had a blog on Petra's site, told me about it: he used to post a lot here. Lowell and I were good friends when I was at Georgia Tech 1986-1987. But, Roger with input from me tested some of Lowell's hypotheses and they did not seem to stand up. However, we made no effort to duplicate the actual work in his Ph.D. I know for sure that Lowell proposed distant triggering by quakes before the Landers quake made it obvious. He sent me his U Colorado paper (for some hoop he had to jump through) in about 1990 that documented this; I may still have it.

The two most interesting predictions were for the 2004 Parkfield quake, Petra got it correct but had something like >M3, and a few days range. But, someone whose name was Tim got a scary-accurate prediction on date and magnitude, but was vague on location ("northern California"). And, he stated it was purely psychic. He gave a day, time of day, and magnitude. He was about 9 hours early, and within 0.0 or 0.1 on magnitude. He made the predication 1 or 2 days before.

A few years ago I went to look for that prediction, and it had been removed. It was the only prediction Tim ever did on this page. He said that his ability freaked him out.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Reminiscing . . . . - by zinnanti - 11-13-2014, 05:00 AM
RE: Reminiscing . . . . - by Skywise - 11-13-2014, 06:44 AM
RE: Reminiscing . . . . - by Island Chris - 11-14-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Reminiscing . . . . - by Skywise - 11-14-2014, 09:19 PM
old Parkfield predictions - by Island Chris - 11-15-2014, 12:04 PM