Earthwaves Earth Sciences Forum

Full Version: Reminiscing . . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just thinking how long I've been watching this board. It must be over ten years, or so.

Back in "the day" it used to be a board for registering "ear tones" as it related to quakes. There were an appreciable amount of people who equated tinnitus with a forthcoming quake. I remember "Petra" - who posted a lot of ear tone information - and "Don from Creepytown."

It's funny to think that I found this board as an outlink from a psychic board. It's interesting how things have changed and all of the personalities have come and gone . . . .

Tony
(11-13-2014, 05:00 AM)zinnanti Wrote: [ -> ]I was just thinking how long I've been watching this board. It must be over ten years, or so.

Back in "the day" it used to be a board for registering "ear tones" as it related to quakes. There were an appreciable amount of people who equated tinnitus with a forthcoming quake. I remember "Petra" - who posted a lot of ear tone information - and "Don from Creepytown."

It's funny to think that I found this board as an outlink from a psychic board. It's interesting how things have changed and all of the personalities have come and gone . . . .

Tony

I understand what you mean. I joined...hmmm... gotta check the archives... two more months I'll have been here 9 years.

Yes, things sure have changed. People have changed. People have come and gone. At least one is no longer with us.

There's a lot of history here. But there's also a future. With apologies to Timbuk 3, I hope it's so bright I gotta wear shades. Cool

Brian
I think I've been here for more than 20 years.
Lowell Whiteside, who has or had a blog on Petra's site, told me about it: he used to post a lot here. Lowell and I were good friends when I was at Georgia Tech 1986-1987. But, Roger with input from me tested some of Lowell's hypotheses and they did not seem to stand up. However, we made no effort to duplicate the actual work in his Ph.D. I know for sure that Lowell proposed distant triggering by quakes before the Landers quake made it obvious. He sent me his U Colorado paper (for some hoop he had to jump through) in about 1990 that documented this; I may still have it.

The two most interesting predictions were for the 2004 Parkfield quake, Petra got it correct but had something like >M3, and a few days range. But, someone whose name was Tim got a scary-accurate prediction on date and magnitude, but was vague on location ("northern California"). And, he stated it was purely psychic. He gave a day, time of day, and magnitude. He was about 9 hours early, and within 0.0 or 0.1 on magnitude. He made the predication 1 or 2 days before.

A few years ago I went to look for that prediction, and it had been removed. It was the only prediction Tim ever did on this page. He said that his ability freaked him out.

Chris
(11-14-2014, 12:06 PM)Island Chris Wrote: [ -> ]A few years ago I went to look for that prediction, and it had been removed. It was the only prediction Tim ever did on this page. He said that his ability freaked him out.

I think it's still there.

Start at the top of this archive page, and then the bottom of the next.

http://www.earthwaves.org/wwwboard/archive51.html
http://www.earthwaves.org/wwwboard/archive52.html

Here's a link to the prediction:

http://www.earthwaves.org/wwwboard/messages/23003.html

I had intended to go through the archives and make new index pages but have never done so. I really should revisit the idea because when I was looking for my first post, I found whole blocks of posts missing on the index pages. The messages are there, just not showing on the archive pages. It's easy for me to search the archives as I have the entire thing on my hard drive.

Brian
Thanks

Tim was off by 0.3 on magnitude: close enough. Petra nailed the location and time range, but guessed low on the magnitude.

Her prediction:
http://www.earthwaves.org/wwwboard/messages/23056.html

Chris