vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far
(02-12-2015, 09:37 PM)Roger Hunter Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 05:33 PM)Duffy Wrote: I have some data here that Roger may find useful, of the 18 PQ's from 2014 I recorded, and taking as many variables as I could think of into account, they have been reduced to 7 very credible signals. The others were to close to weather patterns, human error and Solar activity etc, so I shall list the positives (all are mag 6+) as Date, Time and Duration of signal as follows.........Sun 12th Jan,,11:20 UT,,115 mins.........Tues 1st april,,07:50 UT,,70 mins.........Tues 22nd April,,09:10 UT,,65 mins.........Fri 13th June,,13:47 UT,,50 mins.........Sun 6th July,,09:01 UT,,123 mins.........Fri 14th Nov,,12:30 UT,,62 mins.........Sun 7th Dec,,10:48 UT,,145 mins.

If Roger wants to let me know location and magnitude, I can confirm my list has possible verification data in the future.

Yes indeed. I checked the quake catalog for mag 6+ quakes in 2014 against your list and found that in every case there was a quake within a day or less following the signals.

The problem is that there were 156 such quakes in the list so just about any date you pick will have one in the next day or so.

It's nat something that will fly without better results. #2 was a mag 8.2. Was there anything special about that signal?

Quote:Now, I'm sorry if I seem to be a bit of a joker, and leg puller but thats my nature, I realise it's early days here, so as long as I've shown this project is worth following, I'll try to behave myself, for now. So appologies to Roger for being sartirical about his big words (I've now bought a Dictionary)

Not a problem. I've done a lot worse.

Roger

Hi Roger

Sorry for the late reply, been having some broadband problems, thats what I get for upsetting the Germans, and forgive me for making this briefer than usual, as I'm at another location using a friends desktop (No! It's not the Ecuadorian Embassy Cool ).

As per your signal question regarding the mag 8.2 Chile quake, Different quakes leave different signitures in the noise line, The high mags tend to leave a block pattern, especially if no other activity has occured in the same region for 6 to 12 months. If it is a high activity area, the pattern tends to appear with similarities to a thunderstorm. I have not shown this on the site yet because it's hard to recognise the pattern, but I'll post an image here as an example, it's not the best I have but you may find it interesting.

I recorded this on the 12th Feb as the time stamp shows, and believe this to be linked to the mag 5.3 quake at Reykjanes Ridge on the 13th at 18:48 UT, which produced an aftershock of 7.1 thirty minutes later. You can see the disruption pattern is similar to the lightning image in a previous post, however, online checks showed no storms within a 5,000km radius of my location, and ruled out solar influences as NOAA has recently stated the sun's X-ray radiation has basically flat lined. The Ridge in question has experianced 27 quakes in the past year, if I've sourced this correctly, mostly consisting of 4's and 5's. I get this kind of signal on a regular basis, and usually link it to the mid or North Atlantic Ridge, mainland Iceland or the Greenland see area. But because there's no distinct structure, any number of variables could account for the pattern, I see them comming because I've been looking at these things for over 2 years. One other feature of interest is the dark Green trace representing the US navy, call sign "NAA", you can see at 10:40 UT similarities to the German sub signal, is this a routine shut down, or was somebody else having a bad morning (there goes the cable TV). You might like to try Something I tried on a 30cm World globe on my desk, if you hold a piece of string against the globe, with one end on Manchester UK, and the other end on Cutler, Maine USA, you'll see it practically crosses the Reyjanes Ridge, Cutler Maine is were the NAA transmitter is, interesting!!!.

Monitoring 24/7 and digitisation is a possibility in the future, once it's established the effort and expence can be justified, and "yes" a grant or sponsorship support would be needed to take the research to a workable level. I have spent the equivelent of $3,000 on this so far, (much to the annoyance of my Wife) but as I've mentioned before, I'm running this to the end of the year, and re-assess my position at this time.

I hope you've managed to understand the image and description, as I mentioned , I do have better examples, which I'll be posting in the Radon thread, first chance I get. Unfortunatelly, I have to finish now,as my friend is showing me the door... How do you say "Thanks for the coffee" in Ecuadorian Huh.

Duffy

Messages In This Thread
RE: vlf Quake precursor, Whats the story so far - by Duffy - 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM
removing graphics - by Island Chris - 03-04-2015, 12:19 PM