Making Earthwaves more 'attractive'
(03-27-2014, 08:10 PM)Island Chris Wrote: **don't really know what a Wiki is, but if it is what I think it is, I probably will not contribute.

Ever been to Wikipedia? That's *a* wiki, if the most notable one.

A wiki is basically an online resource of information that anyone can contribute to. The best example is, of course, Wikipedia. All those articles have been built and written by contributors from all walks of life, from professionals in the field down to lowly amateurs who just happen to want to correct a few small mistakes. They have rules on how contributions can be made so that the information is as accurate as possible. It draws on the idea that the collective wisdom of a crowd is often more complete and accurate than that of a few select experts.

Maybe that idea is kind of redundant as I'm sure almost anything that could be put into it is already found on Wikipedia itself, except maybe more information on specific earthquake predictors and their work.

I was mostly trying to give examples of other things that could be provided on earthwaves.org besides this forum.

Perhaps the forum is all we need.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
Making Earthwaves more 'attractive' - by Skywise - 03-27-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: Making Earthwaves more 'attractive' - by Skywise - 03-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks everyone. - by Skywise - 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM