Making Earthwaves more 'attractive'
My answers at the "**"s

So, question 1 - shall we open Earthwaves.org up to the search engines?
**yes**

Registrations

Question 2 - I propose making registration automatic via valid email verification. However, new users would be placed into a probationary access level that limits their posting privileges to no pictures or links (as these are often used by spammers) and a few other restrictions, and their messages are embargoed until I examine them for appropriateness. At the same time I can still check their accounts against blacklists and weed out the spammers. It's a little more work for me, but I'm willing to do it.
**Up to you: no opinion. Not sure if it will help much.

Question 3 - although the current level of posting may not merit additional forums, I would like to solicit ideas of directions in when we could expand discussion, now, soon, or down the road. Where can Earthwaves go in the future?
**Maybe not go elsewhere? Just try and get new people posting.

Question 4a - Would folks like a wiki and be willing to contribute to it on occassion?
**don't really know what a Wiki is, but if it is what I think it is, I probably will not contribute.

Question 4b - Any other ideas for the rest of Earthwaves.org in general?
**One question is whether the problem is that younger people are not willing to use this type of forum, where they have to type in posts. But, I don't know what other choices there are and I don't even own a smart phone.

Your Input

Question 5 - Do you have any ideas that I'm simply not seeing?
**Not today. Posting figures more is a good idea but I have not done it yet. I sort of promised you (Brian) that I would.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Making Earthwaves more 'attractive' - by Skywise - 03-27-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: Making Earthwaves more 'attractive' - by Island Chris - 03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks everyone. - by Skywise - 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM