Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017
(03-08-2017, 12:00 AM)Duffy Wrote: Duffy;

Quote:Your killing me  Huh 

Appreciate means thank you ... which side of the bed did you get out of ?

Yes I know but you took me wrong. I meant no offence there, just that someday you might think of something you need.

Quote:We've been doing this project since 16th Jan, I am obviously going to fast for you !

You select a corridor of 10 degrees lateral width (East to West), I monitor it to see if I can spot any pre-seismic locations, then I place a prediction with a 30 day window and a +/- 1' margin, NOT a 10 degree margin.  If it was 10 degrees, I may as well leave a monthly subscription on Sumatra now !  I predicted three 7.9's last November/December ... how many does it take !

Hundreds but not all that big.

The problem is partly that Irish and American are two different languages, plus you know what you're talking about and I don't. For example "bearing" means a location to you but a ship's heading to me. (or maybe a piece of hardware that lets a wheel spin on an axis).

I said my program works and it does but it gives me RA and Dec, not geocentric lat and lon. I'm looking for the code to convert it.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017 - by Duffy - 03-05-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Post Seismic Observation 5 / 3 / 2017 - by Roger Hunter - 03-08-2017, 01:29 AM