The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

When Narragansett Bay R.I. froze over
Hi all,

modified from an email I just sent family:

The article in the Jamestown Press on Narragansett Bay R.I. freezing over is pretty interesting:

http://www.jamestownpress.com/news/2014-...eezes.html

This winter was cold, but I saw no ice at all on the open bay: sheffield cove across from Mackerel Cove beach froze, and I imagine coves father north out of the current would have frozen, but I never definite ice in the east passage (except 1 or 2 pancake ices on the coldest morning by the docks) or in the West Passage when I crossed the bridge. In the late 70s I saw ice being sliced into rectangular sheets by the Jamestown Bridge on the outgoing tide. But, nothing solid.

Yesterday, March 7, I skated on the 5 mile circumference Wordens Pond (a giant glacial kettle pond) south of URI for the 4 th time in 10 days and 5th time this winter. Someone stopped in the parking lot while I was getting my skates on and he said that his grandfather used to drive his volkswagon out on the ice in the bay.

Chris

Messages In This Thread
When Narragansett Bay R.I. froze over - by Island Chris - 03-08-2014, 12:41 PM