An Alternate Proposal 26 / 11 / 2016
(11-29-2016, 03:36 PM)Duffy Wrote: Roger

There is no more data ... I stopped tracking the systems because there is no reason for me to continue doing so.
Because of the principles by which seismologists live up to, there is no room to embrace potential, especially if it does not conform to accepted beliefs of how things work. 

All I wanted was a few good hits from my last predictions, to show family and friends I was not losing my sanity ... I've done that, so I'm happy now.  

I'm answering here because for the record, I hold nothing against you, it's just the way things are.  I'll know in future if I find anything out of the ordinary ... ignore it ! ... because everybody else does !

Now, go and enjoy your Christmas ... because, I'm going to enjoy mine  Wink .

Duffy

Duffy;

No, you have it wrong. We do not reject things that do not conform to accepted beliefs. In fact, that's a very desirable happening. It's something new to investigate!

What we DO expect is that the phenomena is repeatable and reliable.

Any mistaken idea will have a few hits. Fire a shotgun in the general direction of a target and a few of the pellets will hit it. What we want is for most (or all) of them to hit it.

In your case you observed a strange pattern on the screen and asked if it relates to quakes. The answer turned out to be no but that's ok. You still have an interesting problem; what's causing those patterns?

Keep looking. That's how science works.

And have a good Xmas!

Roger

Messages In This Thread
An Alternate Proposal 26 / 11 / 2016 - by Duffy - 11-26-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: An Alternate Proposal 26 / 11 / 2016 - by Roger Hunter - 11-29-2016, 04:30 PM