Prediction guidelines
No Secrets ! ... For the last six weeks, I have been under the directive of the physics department, University of Manchester. The J series is a catalogue allocation I must use for compiling a spread sheet, which I must then produce for statistical analysis. Like most scientific research, I had the option of carrying out this requirement behind closed doors, I opted to continue on Earthwaves because most of my previous work is here.  And as a non-scientist, I am not afforded the protection given to professional doctrines, so my protection is actually being out in the open (garbage and all !). The format I have adopted of late, and use in my predictions is the result of the guidance I have been given. I was told the period required for analysis was 12 months, the rate to which my postings have increased were negotiated by myself, accepted, and the term was to expire on the last day of this year ( for reasons I have posted about many times here). If my current efforts are to be compared to throwing a bunch of darts, then I have no objection to it being so. I have tried to post and explain my data here many times, and have often tried to encourage participation with respect to it's meaning. I am usually rewarded with "meaningless" and "gibberish", the University has had the advantage of being able to scrutinise my data in full.  As a requirement of  their protocol, they did not wish to view any of my equipment until said analysis warranted it so.  The minimum requirement needed to warrant further investigation is an acceptable percentage in longitude. To try and stay within the prediction protocol required of this site, I opted to replace latitude with best guess.   "Wild guess" and "informal" were added to the main forum page after I was granted membership in order to encompass my particular method of prediction. Chris has now brought before members, a grievance, which the administrator has addressed by re-iterating prediction requirements, thus jeopardising what I have striven to achieve for nearly four years, the attention of a professional body to either confirm or rebuke my claims of seismic detection.  I can of course continue with option A, but I am compelled to stay, due to a small degree of loyalty to individuals here who have helped me, and unfinished business I feel the need to complete.   I am aware there has been history here before my time, which is why I believed the subject of the grievance was of historical relevance. His reference to myself has left me no wiser to it's meaning, as it lacks clarity, which I have no compunction to address if he so wishes.  I have to admit, I thought his request for the site to be dis-continued rather extreme, however, a previous post in this thread has left me with no doubts to the motives of his suggestion ! it grieves me to think I could be categorised, or am categorised within the same realms.  What worries me most is, if I am J series, there are 9 more before me, and how many of them do I have to compete with before my sincerity is accepted.

I have no fondness for Chris, to me, he is akin to an oil Barron, to whom I have been trying to sell my water powered engine design too. But I have mentioned to him before that I respect him for being forthright in speaking his mind.  I cannot continue to predict here under the confines of historical seismic forecasting and a one week event period. If the prediction protocol has to be adhered to, then I too have to side with Chris with regards his suggestion.

In the matter of "quality of posted content", I hope I can be forgiven with respect to a learning curve over the past nineteen months. I have not known how things should be presented, frustration has sometimes led to mis-guided assumptions, and the lack of interaction with other members has resulted in having to produce my own interpretations, of something I still do not fully understand.  In my defence, my data has been posted in pieces (for means of a better word), they need to be followed to give meaning to my project, if one chooses to occasionally glance at the odd post ... one will only see garbage !, people can change !   

My current results if I may call them that, are what ever members want to make of them, I have tried to be professional with this J series, and what ever the outcome, they were first and foremost published on Earthwaves. I have hoped my progress may incite interest in my water powered engine, but I also know it is the way of science that some will never see the wood for the tree's, and fear it will remain so until one day I get a direct hit on somewhere like "Parkfield".

I was compelled to respond here, because this distraction is the last thing I needed, If I am allowed to continue, Parkfield will become secondary to where I will be looking in future !!!

Duffy

Messages In This Thread
Prediction guidelines - by Skywise - 10-10-2016, 12:55 AM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Roger Hunter - 10-10-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Skywise - 10-10-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Richter - 10-13-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Duffy - 10-13-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Roger Hunter - 10-13-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Roger Hunter - 10-13-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Duffy - 10-13-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Roger Hunter - 10-13-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Prediction guidelines - by Skywise - 10-14-2016, 05:32 AM