Has Earthwaves become damaging to science?
(10-09-2016, 11:57 PM)Skywise Wrote: First I must apologize for not being able to be more active on the forum. Some of you privately know my situation. It is improving but has not yet reached a point where I can spend time here regularly.

I, too, am a little concerned about recent posts. Although I wanted predictions to be a part of what we discuss here I never intended them to be the primary focus of the site.

But, the rest of us (me included) haven't been doing our part to offset those posts, either by directly addressing them or posting other content. Although I can understand that the lack of readers here might make folks not interested in posting since, well, who'd read it, right?

Brian

I don't think that shutting down a site where a few competent scientists still continue to engage in conversation with the public is a good idea.  There are a ton of sites out there about geology..and many of them are just bogus or fantasies.  I still try to convince people that Mount Shasta is not filled with golden cities, but keeping channels open is always a good idea.  Perhaps a separate category for different kinds of prediction?  I know that I made one for the Bay area last August based on increased quake activity there.  But silence is not a good idea, IMHO.  Sorry that I am retired and have little new to contribute!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Earthwaves become damaging to science? - by PennyB - 10-27-2016, 06:08 PM