EQF evaluation
As I have said many times, it can be difficult to explain things clearly in short notes such as these. You appear to me to be forming not quite accurate opinions regarding the directions of my efforts.

First,

No. I am not saying I don't like the new software. What I am doing is proposing how it might be expanded or refined so that it would be of more use to visitors and posters.

Second,

The earthquake triggering processes that Roger and I are discussing are quite a bit more complex than he and many other people realize. And as the saying goes,

"If it were easy, anyone could do it."

Specialized equations need to be developed to show how earthquakes are being triggered. My forecast program relies on very simple forms of those equations. What Roger and I are at least planning to do is develop better equations.

This is something that should be done by a government agency or university research group. They have the very powerful computers needed to do the best work. The reason that Roger and I are working on this is because he is interested in doing some research using his free time. And this seems to be about the only project that is of interest to him.

The limiting factor in this effort is actually the amount of time that I can spend on the project. I have quite a few other more important ones that need attention. But I can spend a little time on it each day. Most of the present effort involved developing specialized equations for the sun and moon gravity strength etc. at the location of a fault zone.

Roger seems to have a little trouble with doing 4 D type calculations (time is the 4th dimension). So, I am having to get the equations organized. And that takes a while.

Messages In This Thread
EQF evaluation - by Roger Hunter - 01-14-2014, 04:28 AM
RE: EQF evaluation - by Roger Hunter - 01-20-2014, 04:19 AM
RE: EQF evaluation - by EQF - 01-29-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: EQF evaluation - by Skywise - 01-29-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: EQF evaluation - by EQF - 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: EQF evaluation - by Skywise - 01-30-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: EQF evaluation - by EQF - 01-31-2014, 01:26 AM