VLF aspect change 28 / 1 / 2016
(01-29-2016, 10:41 PM)Duffy Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 10:42 PM)Duffy Wrote: As is always the case, I post my prediction ... and the unexpected appears from nowhere and catches me out, tonight I have picked up an anomaly so bold and square, that you would think it was drawn ... a very heavy magnetic structure.  I don't think this is related to Iceland or New Zealand as the calculations are different by some margin, however, the print off's I am amassing, show a similar structure to the 4 quakes that occurred in Cuba on the 17th ... and the timing seems to fit within a given period.  

This isn't a prediction per say ... I just decided to be informative on this, as these things don't hang around to long, so not possible to obtain data over several days for analysis.  

In my unqualified opinion, I think this anomaly relates to the Central American region, particularly, The Virgin Islands or Cuba being within the time period, I would say the next 24 hours and possibly a mag 7+ ... will update if anything changes.

Thank you, 

Duffy.
A strong surge at 21:20 UT has crippled my main system now, so I am left with only the magnet monitor.  I decided to give an up date with a few images whilst I still had the chance, this anomaly has become highly focused in the past few hours .. so much so, that the T gaps are not ledgable anymore, which makes it hard to determine position.

This image was recorded 8th of this month, it shows that no significant magnetism is present.

This one was recorded two nights ago on the 27th Jan, you can see turbulance in the structure, which I have partly based my predictions on for Iceland and NZ.

As you can see in this image (which is the one I reported on last night 28th Jan) an anomaly has appeared at around 20:00 UT, this indicates solid magnetic structure, but they usually appear several day prior to reaching this stage.

I took this image an hour ago (29th Jan) .. note the dB range has increased significantly, to the extent that it is swamping the original anomaly.  As I mentioned, I cannot determine location, but I pesonally believe this to be the same structure I have been chasing all month, namely Central America .. especially now I see all the Oklahoma's are starting to line up .. either way, if nothing occurres tonight, my preference would be between the hours of 09:30 UT - 11:30 UT tomorrow 30th Jan. 

Hope I got these in the right order, if not ,I'm sure you will figure them out !!

Thank You and be safe;

Duffy,

Despite the M7.2 occurring in Russia, the following image that I have just recorded, indicates no significant dB drop .. and a major anomaly is still present and active.  I still can not give further indication to location, but as I have mentioned in the past, this system works at it's best for Northern hemispere anomalies, so I am still 70/30 Cuba or Virgin Islands.

Duffy

Messages In This Thread
VLF aspect change 28 / 1 / 2016 - by Duffy - 01-28-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: VLF aspect change 28 / 1 / 2016 - by Duffy - 01-29-2016, 10:41 PM
RE: VLF aspect change 28 / 1 / 2016 - by Duffy - 01-30-2016, 01:57 PM