Testing Duffy
Hi Roger,

Appreciate you taking the time to test my theory, 42 hits out of 4711 does sound quite menial.  I personally thought it was quite good odds, considering I tried the predictions on a small part of the formula I am working on.   I'm not computer literate, so I can only work out the basics, and was hoping someone more knowledgeable would be able to fill in the gaps.   I understand if you want to put this to rest, coming up to a busy time with Xmas and all, so I thought I'd list what I presently have and maybe, in the New Year, you could give them the once over with your computer program!.

What follows is based on observations of anomalies recorded on my monitors, there is a high probability of misinterpretation of the data, and misdirected theorising. 

As the Moon orbits the Earth, it is pre-seeded and followed by contact periods which I have described as first and last contact points, relative to weak structural anomalies on the Earth's surface.  The contact periods relate to 2 hours and 3 hours ahead of the Moon,  2 hours and 3 hours behind the Moon.  If I take Oklahoma as an example, that would relate to 2 and 3 hours before / after said anomalies,  ( the times are exact to the hour stated ).  The discrepancy in minutes, relates to the time it takes for the lunar disc to rise or set,  changes to the length of day at a given location, dependant on latitude relative to the Moon, and position of the Sun relative to both location and Moon (weather it's pre-seeding or following). 

The reference to Luna disk rise and set time, relates to how long it takes from the top of the Luna disk to breaching the plane of the horizon at Moonrise, untill the bottom of the disc sits on the horizon, and similarly at Moon-set.

21st June 2015 (summer solstice)
Moonrise    4m 23s
Moon-set    3m 27s
               ------------
                 7m 50s

22nd December 2015 (winter solstice)
Moon-set   4m 05s
Moonrise    4m 03s
               ------------
                 8m 08s

A few minutes or seconds doesn't seem very relevant, but when you factor in the minutes of change to the length of day, dependant on the time of year, the time it takes for the solar disc to breach the plane at Sunrise or Sunset (which is also dependent on distance of time between the Sun and Moon from the perspective of Earth's surface), and weather the Sun breaches the plane before or after the Moon. The tricky part is working out were you have to add or subtract the different elements.

This also seems to be the case with the Sun, except the contact periods appear to be 3 and 4 hours before and aft of said anomalies.  The only explanation I came up with for this, was to take the observed dimensions of the Sun and Moon (30 arc minutes respectively)  add  together, convert to minutes of time (1 hour) and apply this to the Solar terminator at a given latitude.   This obviously alters due to the orbital distances of Sun, Moon and Earth, which means it's easier to calculate at solstice times because the orbits are in transition, so the times don't change as significantly as other times of the year.

There are three other points that complicate matters further, firstly ... the data on my monitors seems to imply contact periods from the Sun and Moon are having the same effect when their on the opposite of the Earth, except in reverse, or a mirror image if you will, so with reference to Oklahoma, the Sun and Moon are now transiting from the West!!

Secondly ... there are only short windows of opportunity to determine Solar or Luna contacts (mostly around first and last quarter Moon) because pre and post full Moon positions will also interact with the Sun on the opposite side of the Earth."

Lastly ... during pre and post new Moon periods, Solar and Luna contacts interact and it becomes difficult to determine ,were, when or which element to add or subtract ... I was working on this when I decided to try predicting on first Luna contact over Oklahoma.    I came across a plausible scenario which seems to fit one possible outcome, weather it repeats is subject to time .... on 4th Dec a small quake occurred in Oklahoma at 17:31-32 UT, 2 hours before Moon-set at 19:33,  another one occurred at 22:17, 1 hour before sunset at 23:17, If there's anything in what I've said, then it would seem to suggest that the 23:17 event was linked to the Sun.  But if you link it to the Moon, it would be 2 hours after  Moon set, plus 44 minutes .. if you add the diurnal motion of the moon, 49 minutes and subtract the Luna breach time (as the moon is now well below the horizon) it pretty much comes out at the 23:17 event time.   The diurnal motion time gap could be the point were Solar and Luna influences meet,,, after that, the calculations become indeterminate because of overlapping contacts.  

I don't know if you think any of this is meaningful, or this theory has been covered in the past (several times I expect), but there are aspects here that seem to correlate with data I'm currently receiving, perhaps you could run selected parts of this on your computer sometime after New Year, and see if it raises the odds!!.  I should add that this isn't just related to rise and set times, only seems that way with Oklahoma at present because of shorter  daylight hours, might be a different outcome during summer (mostly for the benefit of others).

Thanks Roger,

Duffy,

Messages In This Thread
Testing Duffy - by Roger Hunter - 12-12-2015, 04:49 AM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Roger Hunter - 12-12-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Duffy - 12-13-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Roger Hunter - 12-13-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Duffy - 12-14-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Roger Hunter - 12-15-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Island Chris - 12-31-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Testing Duffy - by Skywise - 01-01-2016, 05:51 PM