Where is everybody, and stay safe
Hello, Chris. Long time no chat.

It's good to hear form you. I was actually wondering recently how you've been faring.

It's a bummer this board isn't as active as it once was. But the few core folks always seem to make their way back here once in a while.

I'm glad you are safe and taking precautions. I too am hunkered down while off work while we wait this thing out. I'm off work until at least the 3-31. Fortunately I work for a generous company that is going to pay us for now. Well, I do work for a major charitable organization so it's no surprise. One of our core values is kindness and this demonstrates it admirably.

In the mean time I've been trying to keep busy. Decided to binge watch one of my fave scifi tv series Babylon 5. I'm also doing a little more guitar playing as I've been too busy the past few years with work and life to have time to play. And I'm working on a little programming as well.

The program of course has to do with quakes. The USGS changed their website significantly a few years back and one thing missing is the ability to download the entire quake catalog by FTP. Seems the only way is through the web search interface, which limits searches to a maximum of 20k records. So I wrote a program to download files automatically in smaller chunks using the users choice of filter parameters. It's functional, but I'm now working on cleaning up the user interface and providing for other functions. Learned some new programming techniques to accomplish this.

Anyway, stay in touch. I hope others will check in too.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is everybody, and stay safe - by Skywise - 03-24-2020, 01:23 AM