RFD: New Scope and Look
(09-14-2015, 10:55 PM)Duffy Wrote: A suggestion I have that might be worth considering is some kind of questions forum.

Of course questions can be asked in any forum, relevant to the forum topic. But a general Q&A forum might be doable, open to all topics. I'll have to think of some guidelines on how it could work. I like the idea.

(09-14-2015, 10:55 PM)Duffy Wrote: ...might add a little astronomy myself now and then if there's no objections.

I'm also an amateur (mostly armchair) astronomer. And I know Roger has some interest as well as it relates to his analysis of predictions. Although astronomy isn't an "Earth" science, I'll give it some thought on how to incorporate it.

(09-14-2015, 10:55 PM)Duffy Wrote: As for quantum mechanics....you lead, I'll follow Rolleyes.

I think QM appeals to me because it's such an abstract concept. It's real, but it's very unintuitive. So many people don't understand it or get confused by it because it doesn't readily have many effects which you can observe without instruments. Although, the Young two-slit experiment is pretty tangible. Here's a page on my website where I demonstrate how to do it with simple materials:

Two Slit Diffraction & Interference Demonstration - A photo essay.

Yes, I have lasers!!! No sharks to attach them to, though. Tongue

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
RFD: New Scope and Look - by Skywise - 09-13-2015, 03:52 AM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Roger Hunter - 09-14-2015, 03:32 AM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Skywise - 09-14-2015, 05:52 AM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Duffy - 09-14-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: RFD: New Scope and Look - by Skywise - 09-15-2015, 03:26 AM