What's on TV
(08-18-2015, 02:04 PM)Duffy Wrote: Staying with TV,,,Our weather guy showed West coast US experiencing a substantial heatwave, some place called Neddles, California reached a record high of 118 Fahrenheit. I can see why your having computer heat issues.

"Needles". It's well known as one of the hotter places in our deserts. There's another town called "Thermal" which is just north of the Salton Sea. Guess why it got it's name?

The hottest place is usually in Death Valley at a place called Furnace Creek. Also aptly named. No records, but it was hitting 120F. Other places that get as hot are all the towns and resorts along the Colorado River between California and Arizona - Lake Havasu and Laughlin. Needles is in this area.

I was looking at temp maps and there were places reporting even higher, but I doubt their accuracy. Most don't know but there is a specific design as to exactly how temperature is to be taken and many stations aren't up to standard. They weren't 'official' weather stations anyway.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
What's on TV - by Duffy - 08-17-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: What's on TV - by Skywise - 08-18-2015, 03:30 AM
RE: What's on TV - by Duffy - 08-18-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: What's on TV - by Skywise - 08-18-2015, 08:58 PM