The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Eartones
Just wanted to throw out there that someone I know who is credible emailed me after the Nepal quake that they had an eartone they think may have been related. They wish to remain anonymous, but the details are that they are located in the continental USA, the tone was "strong low frequency eartone-S facing (right) ear" and had occurred at "6:35 AM Pacific time April 24".

As always, it's difficult when things come up after the fact.

Personally, I am quite skeptical of the whole eartone = quake precursor thing. As an adherent of science, I try to keep an open mind (hence my willingness to post this) however there is a known physiological phenomena that has never to my knowledge been ruled out (or even investigated by "eartone researchers") as the source of ear tones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otoacoustic_emission

Otoacoustic emissions are sounds that are generated within the ear themselves. They are not neurological or psychological. They are real physical sounds that can be detected by equipment. Not only do they occur spontaneously, but they can be induced to occur. That fact leads to their use for detecting hearing problems in infants.

For myself, until OAE's can be properly eliminated as the underlying cause of peoples "eartones", then I must dismiss eartone research as misinformed and ambiguous at the least.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
Eartones - by Skywise - 04-26-2015, 08:07 PM