The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Partial Eclipse in 3D's (Duffy's)
Hi all,

Thought you might like to see how the partial eclipse on Friday 20th looked like from Northern England, would have posted sooner but I was busy thinking up the thread title Huh.

This was roughly at peak eclipse time (09:30 UT), and was taken with a Samsung WB150 camera, through the eye piece of my 25x100 filtered binoculars. The weather was very overcast, so I used a bit of a grab and go set up, rather than my usual gear as this is more laboured.

This was taken 30 minutes after peak, and is basically a free hand shot using cloud cover as a natural filter. By this point, the temperature had dropped, all the birds were noisy with confusion, and my wife's pet chickens went back to bed, so I missed my egg for breakfast!.

I thought I'd add this plot screen image to show the effect a partial eclipse has on VLF, and your not likely to see this in a magazine. You can see that from 08:30 ish onwards, the red trace at the bottom of the screen (noise line) has dipped as a result of lower sky wave interferance. The rest of the traces have risen, particularly around 09:30, the pink trace (North Dakota) is showing a very strong influence, as it is with the birds, the VLF signals are responding similarly to when the Sun is setting, UV is reduced so they become stronger.

I believe the next partial eclipse in my region is about 11 years off, so if I'm still doing this, it might make a good comparison, might even have a signal from an Earthquake by then Undecided (Do Quakes have droughts or something ??)

Duffy;

Messages In This Thread
Partial Eclipse in 3D's (Duffy's) - by Duffy - 03-22-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Partial Eclipse in 3D's (Duffy's) - by Duffy - 03-22-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Partial Eclipse in 3D's (Duffy's) - by Duffy - 03-23-2015, 12:51 PM
image size - by Island Chris - 03-25-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Partial Eclipse in 3D's (Duffy's) - by Duffy - 03-25-2015, 07:53 PM