Magnetic storm now
(03-19-2015, 02:40 AM)Skywise Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 11:35 AM)Island Chris Wrote: I don't check space weather daily, but I don't remember seeing a storm this strong in years, maybe many years.

Wonder what Duffy saw on his recordings.

According to http://www.spaceweather.com/ this is the strongest geomagnetic storm of the current solar cycle, so it might be over a decade since one this strong.

The spaceweather website also has an image showing the effects on some amateur radio signals. This should interest Duffy.

Brian

Hi Guy's

Yes, the solar storm made a real mess of my nice streight lines, they all resembled ocean waves as depicted in a child's drawing. The magnetic field was suppressed, so if there was any cold signals (Chile) it was lost in translation, recordings like this makes you appreciate the word gibberish Wink.

Had some great aurora's here last night, about 20 degree's up on the North Eastern horizon, reminded me of a movie I've seen with Dennis Quaid, "Frequency", aurora's, ham radio, time travel transmissions and 60's music. Worth spending a few buck's if you see it at a garage sale.

Hard to believe it's still snowing in Northeast US, spring appears to be well underway here, frogs and toads in my pond are keeping me awake at night, we're also getting regular visits from wild ducks and a family of deer. Think I'll change the subject before I break out with a rendition of "zip dee doo dah".

Speaking of Solar events, I'm hoping to observe a partial eclipse (94%) from my home tomorrow morning, don't know if you'll see anything in the US, but if I get a decent shot I'll post it here.

New system seems to be working Ok, picking up plenty of solar activity, and for some reason a new trace from India, don't know if it will catch any EM's yet, but at least I get to sleep in at weekends now.

Duffy; (Sorry, I lied!!! I do have frogs Tongue)

Messages In This Thread
Magnetic storm now - by Island Chris - 03-17-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Magnetic storm was severe - by Island Chris - 03-18-2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Magnetic storm now - by Skywise - 03-19-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: Magnetic storm now - by Duffy - 03-19-2015, 05:54 PM