The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

The earth is round, or at least is a convex disk
Hi List,

My email below is related to a series of photos we took of our sundial tracing out the straight equinox line on the sun dial that my engineer brother in law calculated, built, and installed in March. He says that the photos indicate that the earth turns on its axis and revolves around the sun.

I took it farther, below.

We also have recent evidence that the earth is not flat. If it is round, we can calculate the radius. We took the ferry to Block Island a week ago. The islands that Newport and Jamestown are on went below the horizon from Block Island at sea level. But the towers of the Newport Bridge were visible. If we had viewed the towers from sea level at block Island, ~25 miles (40 km) distant, and we could just see the top of the bridge deck (60+ m), we could calculate the curvature. But, this is assuming the Earth is sphere (more or less). It could be mostly flat, like a disk, with some curvature.

Chris

On 9/29/2014 7:58 AM, ****** wrote:
>
> Bonjour *********>
> Si le cadran solaire est juste, ça veut dire que la terre tourne toujours correctement autour de son axe et du soleil .Bonne nouvelle !
>
>

Messages In This Thread
The earth is round, or at least is a convex disk - by Island Chris - 09-29-2014, 01:04 PM