John Oliver on the climate change "debate"
(05-14-2014, 10:49 AM)Island Chris Wrote: The link is pretty funny and also excellent. (I had seen a clip of one of the Bill Nye "debates" and thought Bill Nye did poorly.)

http://m.motherjones.com/environment/201...ate-debate

There were news stories about (a) recent paper(s) on collapse of marine-based parts of the West and East Antarctic Ice Sheets. I have long been skeptical of rapid (100 year) large scale collapse, but now that I'm understanding it better, I'm less skeptical.

Chris

That was hilarious.

And it's a correct assessment. Why is there even a debate? It's happening. Even in my own anecdotal observation of having lived in the Los Angeles are for decades, the weather has changed from when I was a kid. It's hotter. It's drier.

I suppose there might be some debate as to whether the change is caused by Man or not, that it might just be a natural cycle. But I'd say there's other reasons why this isn't even a necessary debate.

Whether climate change/global warming is happening or not, whether it's caused by Man or not, it's still not a good idea to poop in your own nest. Duh. From that view alone I say the whole debate is a waste of time. Let's just clean up the poop, m'kay?

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Oliver on the climate change "debate" - by Skywise - 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM