bunch of quakes in 24 hours along western S America
There is what I think is an unusual bunch of quakes in last 24 hours along the subduction zone along the west side of South America.

It extends for several thousand km. It just seems a little unusual but this is qualitative. Is Roger still around and interested?

Chris

(08-12-2017, 09:00 PM)Island Chris Wrote: There is what I think is an unusual bunch of quakes in last 24 hours along the subduction zone along the west side of South America.

It extends for several thousand km. It just seems a little unusual but this is qualitative. Is Roger still around and interested?

Chris

Here as always.

Something I can do for you?

Roger

(08-14-2017, 08:17 PM)Roger Hunter Wrote: Something I can do for you?

Roger

I think maybe he's looking for the statistical odds for this many quakes in this area in this short a period of time.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(08-15-2017, 01:12 AM)Skywise Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 08:17 PM)Roger Hunter Wrote: Something I can do for you?

Roger

I think maybe he's looking for the statistical odds for this many quakes in this area in this short a period of time.

Brian
Probably but he'll need to be more specific re location and size of interest.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Good you are still around. I'm not going to do anything with this so would just be curiosity. Brian has called it about right. Visually it looked like an unusual amount of relatively large quakes. Curious how rare this really is with data.

Lots of changes in my life in the last 2 years.

Chris

(08-18-2017, 12:58 AM)Island Chris Wrote: Hi Roger,

Good you are still around. I'm not going to do anything with this so would just be curiosity. Brian has called it about right. Visually it looked like an unusual amount of relatively large quakes. Curious how rare this really is with data.

Lots of changes in my life in the last 2 years.

Chris

Hi Chris;

I'm always around, just not much to talk about.

can you supply a lat/lon box covering the area of interest and the time span of concern?

If so I can search for quake frequency.

Roger

(08-18-2017, 12:58 AM)Island Chris Wrote: Lots of changes in my life in the last 2 years.

Same here. Things improving slowly, but still slipping backwards. Sad When I finally get out of this, I'm gonna have a heck of a story to share.

Hope things are ok with you.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Hi Roger,
I think I won't bother with those quakes after all. Sorry/thanks
Chris

(08-22-2017, 04:32 PM)Island Chris Wrote: Hi Roger,
I think I won't bother with those quakes after all. Sorry/thanks
Chris

Chris;

No problem. I didn't do anything.

But I would have, so maybe next time.

Roger