4 plus quake in vicinity of Salton Sea
I don't know if there is any logic behind this one...

But the pattern of 4 plus quakes down the Walker Lane area during the last week (near Barstow today) makes me wonder if a 4 plus quake will next appear in the Salton Sea Area in the next two weeks (between today 12/27) and January 15??

Not scientific, but what the hey!
Huh

(12-27-2015, 08:29 PM)PennyB Wrote: I don't know if there is any logic behind this one...

But the pattern of 4 plus quakes down the Walker Lane area during the last week (near Barstow today) makes me wonder if a 4 plus quake will next appear in the Salton Sea Area in the next two weeks (between today 12/27) and January 15??

Huh

Well, not quite Salton Sea, but what about the recent 4.4 in Devore?

But then, your window is still open for two more weeks.

Brian

Signing of Skywise Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
(01-01-2016, 05:29 PM)Skywise Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 08:29 PM)PennyB Wrote: I don't know if there is any logic behind this one...

Huh

Well, not quite Salton Sea, but what about the recent 4.4 in Devore?

But then, your window is still open for two more weeks.

Brian

True.  Close but no cigar!

Huh

4.5 today (January 6) near Banning.  The 4 pluses are moving south!  Still not quite precise enough to be the "Salton Sea Area" but I have another week.

(01-06-2016, 07:29 PM)PennyB Wrote:

Huh

4.5 today (January 6) near Banning.  The 4 pluses are moving south!  Still not quite precise enough to be the "Salton Sea Area" but I have another week.

I haven't seen this much increase in dilatomer in Southern California before. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/de...?region=SC

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-07-2016, 07:03 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote: could it be the rain?

(01-07-2016, 10:38 AM)Island Chris Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 07:03 AM)Steve S in SF Wrote: could it be the rain?
There's been more rain in the past then now and didn't show an increase like that with timing of 4.5 near Banning. But could be.

Huh

OK...a miss.  The pattern of 4 plus quakes didn't get as far south as I thought.  Ah well!